Jediknightandy

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share my WIP of this Predator I started in order to better practice my Anatomy and character sculpting skills.
I built the throne quickly as a placeholder from MDF and other bits of scrap wood. There is a heavy gauge aluminium wire armature under the clay. almost 6kgs of Chavant 'Le Beau Touche' used so far, he is a heavy guy!

I started with a generic human form and then began turning him into a Predator. I like the idea of a really old Predator who has lost some of his teeth and tusks and generally is much more feeble than he would have been in his prime (but could probably still mess up a human opponent)

I've included some progress photos so you can see how it started off.

Thanks for looking!
Andrew

Attachments

• PredSculpt_07.jpg
    PredSculpt_07.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 528
  • PredSculpt_011.jpg
    PredSculpt_011.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 480
  • PredSculpt_012.jpg
    PredSculpt_012.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 630
  • PredSculpt_09.jpg
    PredSculpt_09.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 494
  • PredSculpt_010.jpg
    PredSculpt_010.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 467
  • PredSculpt_08.jpg
    PredSculpt_08.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 446
  • PredSculpt_05.jpg
    PredSculpt_05.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 476
  • PredSculpt_02.jpg
    PredSculpt_02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 483
  • PredSculpt_06.jpg
    PredSculpt_06.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 494
  • PredSculpt_01.jpg
    PredSculpt_01.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 501
  • PredSculpt_04.jpg
    PredSculpt_04.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 729
  • PredSculpt_03.jpg
    PredSculpt_03.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 524
  • PredSculpt_00.jpg
    PredSculpt_00.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 481
I've been doing more work on this character, I changed the pose a bit to make it better and worked more into the details of his costume and armor. I still need to finish his hands and arms, but that should only take another day or two. I kept his costume to be a bit of a random collection of armor and bits that he accumulated over a lifetime of hunting. Thanks for looking!
Pred_01.jpg Pred_02.jpg Pred_03.jpg Pred_04.JPG Pred_06.jpg Pred_07.jpg

Looks really cool. Nice concept and execution. One thing I would suggest is to not sculpt in the netting, as it was never skin tight in the 2 original movies, but was loose, ripped and sagging, making it look more feral and not like net-pantyhose. :)

Awesome. Looks fantastic. Well done. In respect of your skills can you buy this on line? If so where can I get some

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back