Ok I suck at molding

Hunterofthedark

I tried molding my predator mask and... well, I STUFFED IT. Sadly. If anyone is able to help with this huge problem. What happened was, I was following a tutorial when I had no metal sheets, so I used strong cardboard instead, and I used air-dry clay for the base around, and well, IT FELL APART, THE CLAY FELL OFF AND EVERYTHING RIPPED IN HALF Its just hard for me...

any help?

yeah , you gotta use either wed clay or metal shims. i used metal shims once and hated having to resculpt it. i prefer makeing walls out of wed clay. it is cheap and cleans off easily with water.

if i remember correctly, you used an air dry clay for your sculpt right?

the clay will stick but, you would need to support it with wood blocks or something to take the wieght of the plaster. on smaller molds i have just used copious amounts of wed clay to support all of the plaster jacket.
i was just saying i don't like the method of putting anything into the sculpt that makes you resculpt it.

yeah , you gotta use either wed clay or metal shims. i used metal shims once and hated having to resculpt it. i prefer makeing walls out of wed clay. it is cheap and cleans off easily with water.

if i remember correctly, you used an air dry clay for your sculpt right?
I used oil based clay

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back