Ok I suck at molding

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hunterofthedark

I tried molding my predator mask and... well, I STUFFED IT. Sadly. If anyone is able to help with this huge problem. What happened was, I was following a tutorial when I had no metal sheets, so I used strong cardboard instead, and I used air-dry clay for the base around, and well, IT FELL APART, THE CLAY FELL OFF AND EVERYTHING RIPPED IN HALF Its just hard for me...

any help?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

xdmray

yeah , you gotta use either wed clay or metal shims. i used metal shims once and hated having to resculpt it. i prefer makeing walls out of wed clay. it is cheap and cleans off easily with water.

if i remember correctly, you used an air dry clay for your sculpt right?

xdmray

the clay will stick but, you would need to support it with wood blocks or something to take the wieght of the plaster. on smaller molds i have just used copious amounts of wed clay to support all of the plaster jacket.
i was just saying i don't like the method of putting anything into the sculpt that makes you resculpt it.

Hunterofthedark

yeah , you gotta use either wed clay or metal shims. i used metal shims once and hated having to resculpt it. i prefer makeing walls out of wed clay. it is cheap and cleans off easily with water.

if i remember correctly, you used an air dry clay for your sculpt right?
I used oil based clay