Ok anyone heard of an alternate ending to Raiders?

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
On another forum a member remembers the Ark burning the US Government markings off the crate and swears they were not mistaking this for the scene in the Bantu Winds cargo hold. Perhaps it was after the end credits. Seems some others remember this too.

Yeah, I'm very skeptical. Never heard of this, not in scripts, novels, storyboard that I can recall. And it would be an FX shot.

Seems to be an Australian/UK thing.

Misremembering stuff is an Australian/UK thing too. :)

Had SOOO many arguments with people here who just seem to remember seeing a different film to me...

I am pretty sure this is some kind of power of suggestion thing personally.
Which is pretty interesting in itself, the only other thing is did some joker splice
something into a reel or two? That would seem a stretch.

Has anyone read the novelization? Maybe getting confused with reading that and getting the Bantu scene mixed up?

I've never heard/read that either.

Nope never heard of it. That would be a redundant scene anyway and not something that would add to the film. I doubt an idea like that would even get past a first draft in the script.

The very last sentence in the book is:
He was convinced he'd heard a low humming noise.
"He" refers to the old guy that was pushing the crate with the ark in the warehouse/hangar 51. No mention in the last paragraph about the markings on the crate being burned.

No, I only remember the markings on the crate being burned once, by the power of the Ark itself.

i remember this happening on the boat, not at the end, aroundn the times the rats were motioning to each other. if you are feeling brave, you can post this question over at COW and then run for cover.

You know, I thought for years there was a scene in ESB where Yoda threw a rod and Luke cut it into several pieces. I guess it was in some storybook, but never in the film...still, I would swear I saw it if you'd asked me fifteen years ago. A friend of mine, when we were eight, confused the ROTJ unmasking with the funeral pyre, and was convinced that when DV's mask came off, his face was made of flames :lol

People get ideas in their heads and they take on the force of real memory over time, becoming more vivid, solidified. It's actually kind of scary when you think of it.

You know, I thought for years there was a scene in ESB where Yoda threw a rod and Luke cut it into several pieces. I guess it was in some storybook, but never in the film...still, I would swear I saw it if you'd asked me fifteen years ago.
Yeah, I remember that from the novel. They did shoot part of it (it's in the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray), but it looks like they never finished it.

I still remember the dialogue from that scene, too. Luke swings like an idiot, misses the rod entirely, and Yoda says something to the effect of "It would be in five pieces now if you were a Jedi".

Back to the OP, I don't remember anything about that extra scene. And the markings were still there in KOTCS. :)

I told them about COW so if they want to play with the wolves I warned them.

At this point, they need evidence or it never happened.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back