Ok anyone heard of an alternate ending to Raiders?

*Cough* ET *cough*
Haven't been keeping up on recent events, have we? :)

Spielberg has stated that the Blu-ray release of E.T. will NOT include the Special Edition. He's admitted that it was a mistake to create it in the first place, and it will probably never be released again. So there's roughly 0.00% chance of anything happening to the IJ films in that regard.

Not true.

In the Blu-ray release, the ending will feature the FBI agent signing a clipboard and handing it to someone off screen. He says "Are you sure it's going to be safe?" The camera turns to show a larger black woman with a beehive and glasses. She steps out of the shadows and says "Trust me - we have experience with these things."

Yeah, I remember that from the novel. They did shoot part of it (it's in the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray), but it looks like they never finished it.

I still remember the dialogue from that scene, too. Luke swings like an idiot, misses the rod entirely, and Yoda says something to the effect of "It would be in five pieces now if you were a Jedi".

Back to the OP, I don't remember anything about that extra scene. And the markings were still there in KOTCS. :)

I remembered it with him cutting it into four or five pieces and Yoda saying it should be seven. No idea where the book is. Oh well.

I remembered it with him cutting it into four or five pieces and Yoda saying it should be seven. No idea where the book is. Oh well.

I remember seeing this in the comic adaptation from Marvel. Something about him being too tired to cut the bar and it landed untouched and Yoda stating it should have been or 5 (or 7) pieces if he were a Jedi.

barrrr.jpg

Found a pdf of the novelization. Two different scenes. He misses the bar in the first and cuts it into four pieces later in his training.

Before Luke had caught his breath, the little Jedi on his back tossed a
metal bar in front of Luke's eyes. In an instant Luke ignited his laser
sword and swung frantically at the bar. But he was not fast enough, and
the bar fell - untouched - onto the ground with a thud. Luke collapsed on
the wet earth in complete exhaustion. 'I can't,' he moaned,'... too
tired.'
Yoda, who showed no sign of sympathy, retorted, 'It would be in seven
pieces, were you a Jedi.

When his diminutive instructor threw a silver bar above Luke's head, the
young Jedi student reacted instantly. In a flash he turned to slice the
bar into four shiny segments before it fell to the ground.
Yoda was pleased and smiled at Luke's accomplishment. 'Four this time!
The Force you feel.

Oh, and I don't ever remember any alternate ending to Raiders.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back