OH SNAP! Second giveaway on the grassy knoll!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by hydin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

YES!

THERE IS ANOTHER CONTEST! OH CRAP!

WHAT COULD IT BE ABOUT??!?!?!

Well, for those paying attention, it's about giving away a free doohickey I own.

So, basically, same rule as before on the Supernatural giveaway, except this one is for ... A SURPRISE!!!

Will it be SUPERMAN RELATED?

Will it be an AMAZON GIFT CARD?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Will it be MONEY?!!?

Will it be MY IMMORTAL SOUL?!?!!?!?!?

Well, definitely not the last one as I sold it to satan a long time ago for a passing grade in Geometry. (****'s complicated yo)

Open to international people as well, but I gotta tell ya, if it's a bigger prop I am giving away I am gonna need some help with postage.

Same rules as the Supernatural giveaway seen here :

1: Thou shalt name TWO (2) good things about someone on the board. (you can nominate however many you want to, but ya gotta stick to the 2 good things per nomination)

2: Thou shalt be a member with a post count of 2 (at least something prop related besides "Howdy!") and a membership date from yesterday or before.

3: Thou shalt not nominate thyself. No one likes an egotist.

4: Thou shalt not whine about who wins. No one likes a whiner.

5: Ifist thou wins, thou shalt not ***** about the stuff thine getteth.

Chris

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    keysersoze30 likes this.
  2. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

Nominee: Pepmaster is awesome cause he provides free Pep files, plus he's working on a costume for me!

Nominee: FuseNova because of his great Christmas spirit!

P.S. I haven't gotten in to Supernatural!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  3. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

Jedifyfe is a great guy. He makes those awesome BTTF paper props.
    And He'd give his left nut to help you out .

Jedifyfe likes this.
  4. hydin

CC - I'll try not to hold that against you :)

slave1 - :lol

Chris

5. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So hydin wouldn't let me be anonymous with my PM so this is my nomination:

I have two nominees. If you could put both their names in the bowl instead of mine that would be great. If not, you may do what you will with this entry. :)

First nomination is: keysersoze30

- When hearing that I had been screwed out of a deal (lightsaber game I was getting for my son) he found one, bought it, and shipped it to me without letting me pay him for it. This was 100% on his own initiative.

- Less specific, but reinforcing his character, he has always been helpful when he's able and incredibly understanding and supporting of other members when they need time to get him items that he's traded or purchased.

Second nomination is: Finhead

- He's one of the most talented people in this forum and is often helping and supporting others with their projects.

- He completely blew me out of the water by going way above and beyond the call of duty with his secret santa gift here.

As you can see, both of these people have really shared their Christmas spirit with me so I'm hoping to return a fraction of that karma to them with this nomination. Once again, no need to put my name in the bowl, I've been overly blessed already!

THANK YOU!

6. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

^Well *, you just blew my explanation out the water!^

7. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

I nominate micdavis for the help he provided me with the letters for my TMNT ooze canister build and I nominate protokev for his awesome keymaster costume.

8. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

I'm going to follow the example of those who have already posted, and request the right to offer two names that are not my own.

First, I'd like to nominate Orange_Blend. (Muah ha ha!)

Orange is not only an all 'round great guy to know on this site but an inspiration in regard to the spirit of giving. Despite repeatedly getting the wrong end of the stick in group trade threads, he continues to make every effort to prevent these incidents ruining those threads by continuing to trade pieces of his collection, often for nothing more than a trinket to give his children.

Also, upon seeing MY collection, felt that one of my props was just not up to par. He personally rectified this. (Then he has the nerve to come in here and say 'Oh, I want nothing' pfft!)

Second, I'd like to nominate Rassilon1.

Rassilon1 just put a great deal of work into providing a low cost alternative version of the Tennant Sonic.

Also, in regard to that Sonic, despite being rather stressed on the particulars, the gentleman made every effort to not abandon the project and address any and all concerns regarding said prop...and they were many.

Good on you both Gentlemen. I hope you win. :cool

9. protokev DMD

protokev DMD Sr Member

Well Dan took mine! But instead of berating him, lol, I'll nominate him

Dan is a person who is an incredibly loyal friend and inventive for figuring out the Everyman way for some complex props

I'd also like to nominate thegreatgaling who is not only awesome at putting together 1:1 character displays...but also putting together a small little thread that has led me to find some of the best friends I've made in a while.

10. Berserk

Berserk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want to nominate Finhead as well. The guy has produced some amazing Iron Man stuff all year and at pretty awesome prices. Plus he has helped me out alot when I've had annoying random questions about painting/casting/modelling.

Oh, and he gave me an Iron Man MK I helmet for nothing!!!

11. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

I nominate Munson for his Batman grapple gun tutorials. Many people here make great, incredible stuff, but it's rare that someone takes the time to explain how and why they do what they do, in clear steps.

Many tutorials, not only in prop making, assume prior knowledge and awareness of jargon. In my opinion, that thread is gold.

Also, he makes this for members at his own expense, such as the RPF coin and the calendar.

umm... I think that covers it.

12. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I nominate Payton Paison who does good things for people...Twice now he got a signature for someone and is sending me a Captain America Shirt for freeeeeee! He is good people.

I also nominate TallDarkAndDisfigured. He started the PIF...What else do you need?:lol Really though he is a dang fine fella and he could use some good news.:) In the free prop variety.

13. AGxM

AGxM Well-Known Member

I'm a lurker and ocassional buyer more than a poster here, but would like to nominate Alan Castillo for being one of the most enthusiastic collectors, always happy to share and for being a thoroughly nice bloke.

Also Phelyx who's trust and willingness to negotiate has enabled me to get my hands on a Hellboy corpse locator - he even sent it after receiving only a sixth of the full payment.

There are loads more on here but these two are my picks - thanks to both.

14. IndyFanChuck

IndyFanChuck Sr Member

I'd like to nominate Brad, Jedifyfe because for NO REASON AT ALL he will help me out with various questions and projects and things I am working on. Never me the guy and he will send me photos, links, offer suggestions and whatnot. Just amazingly kind to offer assistance.

Also, he sold me one of my prized prop replicas, something special and rare from Hellboy.

Brad's just a great guy and the kind of person that makes the RPF a great place to be. :):thumbsup

Jedifyfe likes this.
  15. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

Thanks for the nomination CC, right now I can't think of anyone to nominate except for Elro for helping me with all my 3D Modelling problems.
    Also was wondering Hydin why two threads for the same contest?

16. hydin

Different contests. One is Supernatural themed, this one is MYSTERY! (other than the fact it won't be Supernatural themed).

17. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

can i nominate hydin because hes giving away free stuff?

18. hydin

Nah, why in God's name would I wanna own the stuff I am just gonna turn around and give away? :lol

Clarified the rules just a tad as well. Nothing's changed, just got lil more specific.

Chris

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

I would like to nominate Art Andrews. The original Brak's Buddy! I nominate him for not just giving of his time here, but also at The Dented Helmet and being the voice of reason when we don't all "play nice" :thumbsup

20. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

I'm gonna go with Moffeaton. Here are my reasons.

The guy is a genius builder of all things modely. (Is that even a word?) I'd wager if I wanted to step into the world of modelling, he would be there with info to point me in the right direction.

Secondly, he is one of the few people who have posted something that has made me laugh so hard, my sides hurt. That kind of humor is rare.

21. Stencil

Stencil Well-Known Member

I want to nominate Luke Moonwalker. I've had two different deals with him through the junkyard, and he's been a total stand-up guy. He even sent me an additional sticker when asked to fix the original one. Great seller, and he said him and his significant other are expecting. Very cool!

22. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

Nominate MicDavis. A true friend and a great member of this community. The rpf wouldnt be the same without him and his wisdom and coughsarcasmcough....

He is a great builder that brought us the amazingly well done 2001 space odyssey helmets...Plus, he is always willing to help members with their builds.

23. keysersoze30

keysersoze30 Well-Known Member

I nominate Orange_Blend

Not only did he organise the Secret Santa, which is alot of work and it all went smoothly

he is also a PIF legend. He has put up his own items (sometimes high value) to help out others and keep things moving.

He is also working on a Tobin's Guide, which will turn out amazing

and an all round amazing, helpful guy.

P.s thanks for the nomination OB, it had no relevence in me nominating you though :)

24. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would like to nominate Larry Yo....oh wait. Never mind.

How about Mike Ver....crap!

Let's just go with Indy Fan Chuck ;)

25. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm going to throw Orange_Blend under the bus--I mean, nominate... Gonna nominate him :lol

For many of the same reasons as already stated. He is a selfless giver in the Pay it Forward thread, helping others start or add to their collections. And he also opened up his home recently for a local prop party (which looked like fun!)

I'm also going to nominate Munson. His grapple gun video tutorials are simply amazing, and he makes them for the community to learn from. Let's also not forget his recent challenge coin and Ladies of the RPF calendar!

Finally, Rebelscum. He is opening his shop (again!) Soon to host a prop party where I will get to meet some great people and see their collections. And when I needed some help recently with a display stand, he jumped right in and offered the assistance of designing and cutting the acrylic at a VERY reasonable rate.

26. TallDarkandDisfigured

TallDarkandDisfigured Sr Member

A second giveaway? You mad man!!

Ok, So for this go around, I'm going to nominate epilepticsquirl

He was kind enough to donate his time to 3D render a prop which I've been wanting for a few years, and has done the same for others also.

Next, I will nominate WarPig, Tex was very kind to not only get me a book from Amazon that I couldn't get off Amazon.ca, but he also put his cash up for it and wouldn't let me pay till I recieved it. A great guy who is always eager to help.

And just for good measure, I'm going to nominate MovieFreak. He did SO much to keep things moving in the PiF thread, and made sure everyone was able to get in on the fun.

27. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

Ok, this is by no means an exhaustive list, but these few came to mind. If I understand correctly, I can nominate however many I want to, as long as I say two nice things:

Texas007 refused money for a prop part I was seeking, and then saved me money by throwing in another item at a major discount. He was incredibly nice via PM, and I really appreciated it.

Protokev has become a great friend, and we communicate via email and text all the time. He is one of the wittiest guys I know and is also a great listener. He purchased a shirt for a mutual friend, and I thought that was a really swell thing to do.

Hydin himself, even though he said he didn't want that. Chris is probably the funniest person on chat when I am fortunate enough to catch him on there. He always makes me laugh and is also generous when it comes to these giveaways.

Orange_Blend: He isn't the Santa of the RPF for nothing. He hooked me up with an item that ran out in the JY that COULD have been worth way more if he held on to it, but he wanted to make sure I had one. He also gave away his house and home (that is an exaggeration , but almost) in the Pay if Forward thread.

DBalschi for showing the way on how to create inexpensive, but excellent prop replicas. His Ooze Canister thread is great. He is also a funny guy and a great friend .

Interceptor6's posts often make me smile and he is a talented prop builder to boot. He makes the finest Trek necklaces this side of the galaxy and is also incredibly funny.

Darth_Myeek is always quick to shoot a pleasant PM as soon as you need one. His warped sense of humor rivals my own and he is just a all-in-alll nice dude.

28. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

Oh shoot just realized I have to say two nice things. So for Mic I would like to point out that when I was trying to do a prop party he was the first person to message me about a donation even though he did not know me at the time. And protokev did some awesome blog videos for dragoncon. Both of them have made my short time here a great experience!

29. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

*double post

30. Mockle

Mockle Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I nominate Moviefreak who needs a new pair of shoes... :)

And Error who is wild and loves what she does..:eek

and Surreal Studios who is a Great guy.. :cool

31. jazzygeoffery

jazzygeoffery Well-Known Member

I nominate Anakin Starkiller, He makes great lightsaber(as well as other Starwars, and Doctor Who) replicas, and he's really nice, he sent me a free lightsaber part! :)

32. DarkCreations

DarkCreations Member

I nominate CSMacLaren (Mac)

Mac has always to me personaly and from his posts to others been willing to help, lend an eye or share info on Vader related stuff or anything that he can really.

He also is very generous with sharing any methods or tricks he has come across, or will gladly direct you to someone/somewhere to find an answer etc...

~Jon

33. 666

666 Member

mine's are

Jedifyfe and fusenova

I don't need to tell you why, right?

ok, again
    Jedifyfe, I never cross a message with him, but I read him a lot, and what he do it's amazing,
    FuseNova, because I'm relative new here, and his giveaway, make me think a lot about the people in this forum, and how it works

34. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

I nominate Orange_blend for the SS and just being an all around nice dude and FuseNova for reminding me what the holidays are all about, no matter the religion and for also just being an awesome dude.

35. FuseNova

FuseNova Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Appreciate the nominations guys but I'd like to see someone with talent get this ;)

Moffeaton is at the top of my list for his amazing modeling abilities and willingness to share his builds with the community.

I need to think about #2. So many to choose from.

36. hydin

Still taking nominations!

Chris

37. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

I nominate the following.......

#1. TazVader: Christian is nothing less than a prime RPF member. He is a decent and friendly guy who even after a serious accident has continually drip fed us a fantastic run of National Treasure goodies......I salute him. MY NT COLLECTION SALUTES HIM!

#2. Matt Munson: Because I've heard he is a nice guy!

I rest my case!:sleep

38. hydin

Didn't forget about this one either, and the drawing will happen this weekend :)

chris

39. Michael Bergeron

OH SNAP! I nominate Finhead one more time for good measure! (I know this doesn't get his name in again but I don't care). In addition to my previous nomination he's sent ANOTHER kick a$$ gift out to help someone who was left behind in the Secret Santa and still tells me he's willing to help some more!

40. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I, honenstly would like to nominate SPY007, for his enticing creativity, and wholesome sincerity. He was and is very helpful, understanding and ingenious, at least when it comes to prop building threads.

41. Michael Bergeron

So who won? (*cough* one of my nominees *cough*) ;)

42. hydin

Crap, knew I forgot to update something.

THE WINNAH AND NEW CHAMPEEN!!!!!

MATSUO!

Congrats on winning the mysterious box of awesome! Imcoming PM for ya :)

Chris

43. Michael Bergeron

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Thanks again for doing this! It was nice to read about some great folks and their awesome deeds. :D

44. Matsuo

Matsuo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What the...?

Ok well free stuff is good... didnt even know I was involved... wish people would tell me these things..LOL

M

45. Michael Bergeron

:lol

Actually, I was reading through the thread again ('cause I love the stories here) and you weren't even nominated! :lol

I'm 99% sure Hydin picked two people from the other thread (or put both threads into one hat and drew). All good though, I've heard good things about you. ;)