Oh No! Not another red Y-Wing!

Apophis

Sr Member
Yes, yes! But this isnt what you think, ive had this kit for about 4 yrs and decided I wanted to make the red"jammer" version just to be different, so i reserched and made a few calls etc... and after all of the grinding and sanding and filling and replacing some kit parts, i find out that the proportions if the front fuselage is off and the main body is off also, so i decided to make a different Y-wing, a y-wing from red squadron.
Im about 75% finished with this, I do have a few greeblies left to put on it and continue with the weathering.
Now onto the pics.
IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Re: Oh No! Not another red Y wing!

I'd say your acing that ILM weathering.:thumbsup Looks good even with the flash.

Splendid Jerry !
I love the colors, may I ask you what yellow did you use for the canopy ? It looks exactly like the yellow used by ILM on Red Jammer and some X-Wings canopies. I would repaint my Red4 canopy !

Would this be the same color we see on some red leader panels also? I always thought that color was Floquil D&RGW Yellow. Here's a chart of their offerings:

http://www.megahobby.com/productimages/flo/PSM414.JPG

Sorry for the brief hijack. Could you tell us more about the modifications to the original kit? Planning on putting some cannons on top of this thing?

Hey Paul, this is a better Floquil paint chart-
http://www.testors.com/category/133505?n=0
Some of the colors are a bit off but most are pretty close.
The mods are mostly parts removed, the replacement parts are from the airfix bf 109, a bunch of them come from that kit then the centurion parts on the wing.
The correct cannons on top of the canopy are from the 109 kit too and are the machine guns that are in the nose cone of the aircraft, the ones in the wings fit the gold y-wings.
Also the top laser cannons had two little rockets on the sides of them.

The "tubing" is green insulated single strand copper wire.
One of the most important mod was the installation of the partial r2 strip on the lower rear fuselage and then the S-5 part on the right hand nacelle.

Al, thanks bud! Im working on this and trying to finish the resource colector and some BSG stuff.

Julien, it is Floquil south pacific armour sand. when photographing it, it looks more yellow than the reefer yellow, which is probably the correct color on the red leader.

That thing is just a piece of junk. Looks like you got it at Big Lots.........LOL. What a fantastic weathering job. Very nicely done. :)

Jerry that's bloody beautiful! Woud love some non-flash shots, hint hint. :)

Thanks for the info Jerry.

I like very much the weathering on the cockpit it looks like on old planes when they blew up another one and had oil stains on the cockpit !
I know you're not replicating Red Jammer but do you planning to add some decals ? I really think it would be cool !

Thanks Dean!

Julien, if you look at pics 22,23,24,25, you can see a couple of decals already on it.
Ive already have the small kill marking on the underside (tie fighter) near the nose.

Beautiful weathering Jerry! I am still oogling over the Pro-Shop X-Wing I just got back from you!

I finished up the weathering on this and all i have to do is place 10 more parts on it and she`ll be done!
Martyn has asked that i take some pics in natural light, so i did, and i couldnt have picked a sunnier day to do it.
Be warned pics are large and a lot of them.
IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back