Oh look, another star wars movie

If they'd handled it better, I'm sure people wouldn't feel so bitter about it. Marvel made over 20 movies in the last decade and few seem to be tired of them.

I've said elsewhere in the forum that I don't think Star Wars can work without George Lucas. I would also say that it probably wouldn't work with him anymore either. Star Wars to me is the original trilogy and that's it regardless of who's in charge. That's what matters most and that's what worked best. It was a wonderfully told story that didn't need any prequels or sequels. The greatest achievement in cinema history and short of inventing a time machine and bringing back all the original crew and cast, I don't believe any other "Star Wars" movie will ever come close to it. I appreciate the story that George wanted to tell with the prequels and while I have no love for Disney or their movies, I understand and appreciate the desire that many have for more Star Wars even if I'm not one of them. That being said...

I think putting Kevin Feige in charge of a Star Wars movie is a fantastic move. I have tremendous respect and appreciation for how he handled Marvel and I think he would make the best Star Wars movie that can be made. I remember reading an interview where he said he was as big a Star Wars fan as a comic book fan. As long as Disney doesn't meddle in the production, I think Feige could accomplish something substantial, especially if he collaborated with Lucas. He could be that Gary Kurtz type figure that reigns in George's ideas when he needs to. I still don't believe we'll ever get a great Star Wars movie like before because like I said I don't think it's possible to recapture that magic. But I sincerely wish him the best of luck and for other fans' sake, I hope they get the quality movie they deserve.

Last edited:
I think the old republic thing could become interesting or really bad. I loved KOTOR and some lore from that time. The Revan plot was great and would've worked in movie/trilogy as well.

Is RJ really working on his trilogy? Wow, hope he kneels down every evening and thanks god that he still has a career after tlj.

Last edited:
I don’t know. Fiegie has a good track record but the current direction of the MCU seems risky (I’m not as knowledgeable of Marvel) and I feel Star Wars has suffered from being too much like Marvel (the your mom joke in TLJ was definitely influenced by Marvel).

It’s also rumored that Brie Larson will be leading the new trilogy.

I am perhaps overoptimistic, but given Kevin's demonstrated ability at long form storytelling and finding the right directors for the tones he's after, and given that article mentioning he's working with Kathleen on "a new era", I am hoping this ends up being the first of a KOTOR arc. Depending on when they start, I could see Brie being Shae Vizla. Less likely, Bastila Shan. If there's even an ounce of credibility to that rumor...

The thing is honestly Disney needs to assess whether they should go forward with Star Wars following Rise of Skywalker before any discussions of additional movies.

Fatigue means people are sick of seeing more stuff so if Iger really thinks Star Wars fatigue is setting in, Disney should stop making Star Wars for a while. They haven’t done anything with Indiana Jones and it’s tonally different enough from Marvel that it could add something fresh in the current movie environment.

I don’t know. Fiegie has a good track record but the current direction of the MCU seems risky (I’m not as knowledgeable of Marvel) and I feel Star Wars has suffered from being too much like Marvel (the your mom joke in TLJ was definitely influenced by Marvel).

It’s also rumored that Brie Larson will be leading the new trilogy.
Brie leading a new star wars trilogy? That's gotta be a joke. I know they talked about her being the new face of the MCU but haven't heard a thing about her and Star Wars. I doubt that's true.

I have yet to finish Captain Marvel and if I ever do it will only be out of obligation because I've seen all the other MCU movies and not because I have any interest in that story or character. To be fair, there were others in that franchise I had to force myself through so it's not like this is the only one. Overall I enjoyed them but I'm not attached to them in any way.

I'm not interested in any more Star Wars but for the fans who still care, I too hope they deliver for you all.

I have been saying for years that Disney wants to find a way to bring Star Wars into the MCU. They have time travel already. It circumvents the pesky "Long time ago" issue if they want it to.

I have no direct issue with Brie like many seem to, but Captain Marvel is what made me reevaluate and appreciate TLJ after a long while of disliking it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back