Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Over the next couple of days, i'm going to be opening up my V4's and installing a new, stronger gearbox so the laces don't end up breaking, along with some additional measures to stop the laces from fully coming out. I will document and post the results once I've got everything sorted. Wish me luck

Interested in seeing what this process entails. Are you going to be replacing the motors with different kinds or just modifying the v4 motors? I’m hesitant to purchase v4s because of what I’ve heard about them failing quickly.

Me too. It will be good to see the insides and also what the replacement option is. Curious to see what the replacement motor looks like and how it functions.

Looks great! Quick question. The LED lights the green red and yellow, is it suppose to be like that? Are the 2016 and 2011 ones looking the same in that are? I noticed on StockX the 2016 ones are more clear.

Actually, on Stock X they have photos of the V3 replica as the 2011 version, which is slightly concerning considering they’re a sneaker authenticator! I’ve emailed them about it several times but they still haven’t changed it.

Bad news. The new gearboxes I got weren't strong enough. They stripped as soon as they met any resistance when lacing. I destroyed my left shoe in the process as well. The front lace got pulled out farther than the others, and I must have broke one of the wires for the sensor, cause it only tightens now, and won't loosen

Bad news. The new gearboxes I got weren't strong enough. They stripped as soon as they met any resistance when lacing. I destroyed my left shoe in the process as well. The front lace got pulled out farther than the others, and I must have broke one of the wires for the sensor, cause it only tightens now, and won't loosen

Oh no what a terrible thing to experience! Are you going to try with some stronger gear boxes or are you calling it quits?

Actually, on Stock X they have photos of the V3 replica as the 2011 version, which is slightly concerning considering they’re a sneaker authenticator! I’ve emailed them about it several times but they still haven’t changed it.

Its funny because I also noticed that and thought maybe I was imagining things :-D.

Worries me with trusting them on any sneaker purchases if they are using photos of replicas as their official images. I’ve heard some horror stories on reddit about people receiving “authenticated” shoes from them that either had major defects or were very clearly replicas.

Oh no what a terrible thing to experience! Are you going to try with some stronger gear boxes or are you calling it quits?
Calling it quits. I've been looking for new gearboxes for over a year with no luck, and I can't afford to destroy another shoe. I've heard some talk of someone working on a full-scale, "v5" upgrade service, with new motors, customer gearboxes, and actual autolacing when you put your foot in. Although I've heard it won't be ready for quite a while

Calling it quits. I've been looking for new gearboxes for over a year with no luck, and I can't afford to destroy another shoe. I've heard some talk of someone working on a full-scale, "v5" upgrade service, with new motors, customer gearboxes, and actual autolacing when you put your foot in. Although I've heard it won't be ready for quite a while

Sorry to hear that, but at the cost of a pair of v4s I hear ya!

The v5 concept with the stronger motors and actual auto-lacing sounds amazing. That’s really the only thing missing from the v4s to make them really resemble the RD 2015s! :-D

Last edited:
What ? I missed some news ^^ Are we talking about a new release ? V5 ???

Hi, guy

I have 3 pair "Nike Mag" i need just to repair "battery" + add new "sole" (transparency if possible) + cleared The bubble"
I search a person for repair my 3 pair "Nike Mag" + cleaning on shoes.
I can pay "sending + taxes". I live in France.

I just need a price for repair + cleaning.
If someone could help me, all help would be appreciated.

You can send to me a mail here: "apophis13400@hotmail.fr"

After seeing this thread I definitely need a pair of V3.1's in my life. Is the quality good enough to wear or are they better off just for display?

After seeing this thread I definitely need a pair of V3.1's in my life. Is the quality good enough to wear or are they better off just for display?
Hey dude, I have some and had them 3 years now I don't wear them very much but have on some occasions for few hours. I think you need to treat them very carefully as the electronic inside are not the strongest. To be honest I am amazed my batteries are still working and holding a charge!

Sneakerahead/Dave doesn't seem to sell mags anymore, and my last mag purchase was ~2014 or 2013 with the V2s, iirc. Where could one find a pair of 3.1s these days?

Following on from the "V5" talk above, I'd love to see this. For me, the V5 would be much more robust and also have the lacing that works when you put your foot in the shoe. For those that might not know, the V4 lacing is only controlled by a button on the top of the shoe - not by putting your foot in like the real 2016 version.

I haven't heard any talk of this (or any iterations of the V4) though.

Does anyone know of any repair service for the 3.1? I need to replace the charge port on one shoe and I don't know how much I trust myself to do it lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back