Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have been reading a good bit of this thread, but I still have a question.

I've been considering getting the V3.1s (I have a pair of V3s), and I'd like to know if the toe box of the V3s can be slimmed down, like the original movie MAGs or 2011 friends and family shoe. I prefer the sock toe look of the original shoes (and 2011s) compared to the V3s. I plan to wear them regularly, and the bigger toe box and lace area just doesn't work well with an already biggish shoe.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
2011s didn't have a sock toe, just the slimmed toe box like on the V3. The profile is better on the 2011 shoes than the V3.
I don't think it is possible to really convert the V3 (or V3.1) toe into a sock toe because the extra material that gives the sock toe its classic "slump" is not there. At best, you might be able to delaminate and remove the toe cap from between the two layers of fabric.

Ah, thank you for the advice. I thought the 2011 F&F pair had more of a sock toe than the auction pairs.

Yeah, I’m just trying to get a slimmer profile like the 2011s. I’m not sure I have the guts to open up the front of V3s (though, I’ve replaced batteries in my first pair).

I was wondering if the steam method would have an effect on the V3, even though it doesn’t have a toe box like the V2. That method would be more my speed.

One shoe of the F&F pair was a perfect replica of the screen used shoe. The other was a spare or maybe a 2nd of the 2011. It would have been awesome if they made pairs of the screen shoes.

You can try the steam method and see if that changes the profile.

Are there images of that movie replica F&F? I definitely prefer the movie version over the newer ones, the profile was a lot simpler and slimmer, which a shoe of this size needs, IMO.

I'll order the V3.1s soon and give the steam method a test. At the least, it might soften up the upper which would be a plus.

Friends and Family shoe with sock toe:

Attachments

• FFSockToe.jpg
    FFSockToe.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 303
I was able to pull this public data with some internal tools I developed. At a high-level .pw is the country code top-level domain
Code:
At a high-level .pw is the country code top-level domain for Palau.

ping sneakerahead.pw (Get IP of Host)

PING sneakerahead.pw (104.27.182.141): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 104.27.182.141: icmp_seq=0 ttl=53 time=16.162 ms

--- sneakerahead.pw ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 12.378/41.540/80.815/28.592 ms

$ ./geo_lookup.py (Conducted Geo Lookup against MaxMind Database)

IPv4 Address: 104.27.182.141

<IPInfo ip='104.27.182.141' country='US' continent='NA' subdivisions=frozenset(['CA']) timezone='America/Los_Angeles' location=(37.7697, -122.3933)>

IP Reputation (Site is being routed through Cloudflare/Public Info)

IP ADDRESS 104.27.182.141
FWD/REV DNS MATCH No
NETWORK OWNER CloudFlare

$ ./asn_origin.py (2nd opinion/Matches)

IPv4 Address: 104.27.182.141

{'asn_registry': 'arin', 'asn_country_code': 'US', 'asn_date': '2014-03-28', 'asn_cidr': '104.27.176.0/20', 'asn': '13335', 'asn_description': 'CLOUDFLARENET - Cloudflare, Inc., US'}

Certificate issued by Cloudflare:
sni.cloudflaressl.com
Issued by: CloudFlare Inc ECC CA-2
Expires: Friday, September 20, 2019 at 5:00:00 AM Pacific
Daylight Time
This certificate is valid.

so I decided to make my own plutonium case for my replacement v3's which were missing box. I didn't want to spend the $270 US or so from swanflight either. Even though it is not screen accurate, all I was looking for was resemblance and for my shoes to fit.
Case cost me $35 dollars alone, and spent more on spray paint cans, decals, and masking tape.

DSC_0226.jpg
DSC_0232.jpg
DSC_0212.JPG
DSC_0213.JPG

IMG_20190223_104724.jpg
I like that case more than the proper case.
A few years ago, I found yellow "safe cases" and I think one of those would be sweet with decals applied. I am tempted to add the yellow FOOTWEAR logo to a black case.

On another note, I found these Innersoles in my local Aldi today. They seem to be the same product I bought from K-mart, but considerably cheaper.

Last edited:
Where is the best place to get replacement batteries? My left shoe crapped out right before a costume contest even though I charged it the night before and didn’t turn the lights on, they would only turn on with my foot in a certain position. But they stayed on just fine while plugged in so I determined it was a battery issue but David wasn’t very helpful and just said they can’t sell replacement parts. I looked for another battery and possibly looking for higher mAH so it’ll have longer battery life

Where is the best place to get replacement batteries? My left shoe crapped out right before a costume contest even though I charged it the night before and didn’t turn the lights on, they would only turn on with my foot in a certain position. But they stayed on just fine while plugged in so I determined it was a battery issue but David wasn’t very helpful and just said they can’t sell replacement parts. I looked for another battery and possibly looking for higher mAH so it’ll have longer battery life
that sucks bro
when did you buy them? is warranty expired?
as for parts contact @wizardbtff here
he has everything you need
jus scroll thru the comments to find him

bought them from David at Sneakerahead.ru, I turned down a warranty in exchange for a discount, I bought my pair back in april and most warranties are limited anyway. I was taking a look at it again today since I was unable to find a place near me that sells batteries that are similar so I may try to re-solder the wire to the battery because I believe that may be the issue, definitely will check in with wizard

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back