Official Star Trek Phaser Thread

Hey guys, not sure if this was covered in this thread but what are considered the screen accurate colours of the a 3rd season midgrade phaser? Art Asylum made about 4 different colour variations but as Diamond Select they are now maintaining the bluish-grey.

You can't really go by Diamond Select for the colors of the Phasers. For the most part they tried to make the mids match the hero's but as we have seen with the hero's they were painted multiple times with various paints. I looked over at Herocomm, which has a section on Phasers and they don't really mention colors expect for the season 1 Black & Whites and what they were changed too. They show pictures of the known midgrades but don't really mention the colors but whatever colors they are in would be what they had in the 3rd season since there would be no point in repainting them at that point.

You can't really go by Diamond Select for the colors of the Phasers...

That's, why I asked. LOL. I think it's common knowledge the Diamond Select colour scheme is not accurate. Under Art Asylum/Diamond Select they went from gray to blue. Maybe the more accurate colour lies somewhere in between.

Last edited:
That's, why I asked. LOL. I think it's common knowledge the Diamond Select colour scheme is not accurate. Under Art Asylum/Diamond Select they went from gray to blue. Maybe the more accurate colour lies somewhere in between.

There are a couple of people here, Alley is one of them, that have built some very nice midgrades after a lot of research and might be able to help you with the colors. One of things that has been found though is that even with the existing real ones the colors vary for a variety of reasons.

There are a couple of people here, Alley is one of them, that have built some very nice midgrades after a lot of research and might be able to help you with the colors. One of things that has been found though is that even with the existing real ones the colors vary for a variety of reasons.

I would be happy to help out. Shoot me a message.

Phasers from different Companies are like women, they all have their charms

tumblr_oylvu4FbMc1weu5xbo1_500.gif

I may or may not have half-speculated on the various models in that context. The "Cage" laser pistol? A bit old-fashioned and stuffy, hard to get to know. The TOS? Girl-next-door. Pretty and familiar. Never find anyone quite liker her. TMP? Met her in New York City -- sleek like a Nagel painting. TSFS? Ran into your childhood sweetheart years later and somehow she looks even better. TFF? The kinda awkward girl you knew years before grew into herself and she is tall and strong and sexy as hell and takes your breath away -- but you can still sorta see what she used to look like, which somehow makes it even more endearing...

Are there any good (and still available) Cage laser pistol replicas out there? Or, is it just a matter of continuing to search eBay? PM me if you have any contacts...

Was that link provided because John Sims makes Cage Laser Pistols? Just curious because I don't use FB so I'd probably need to contact him another way. At that time, anyway.
John is on Ebay and his username is moonwalker John. You can contact him that way. I think he's got a Cage laser for sale right now as he's on a FB forum I belong to. Good luck!

I couldn't resist. I picked up a used Playmates classic phaser off Ebay. I used to have one back in the day and then got rid of it once the Art Asylums came along. I gotta say I'm appreciating it in a whole new way. I actually like the wider handle. I'm sure they designed it wider just to allow 2 x AA batteries to fit. I also like that the tail isn't on a steeper angle like the AA/DST version.
I'd love to get a handle the same thickness for my Wand phaser. That would be cool.

Hey all! Question for this thread, and if this question was answered in the thread already, I'm sorry, I must have missed it when I read through.

I am doing a boomerang phaser build, and I'm just curious about the black paint on the nozzle and around the buttons. What is the consensus on the finish? I've see it with gloss black, satin black, and matte black. And looking back at First Contact, I can't really tell myself.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back