Official Star Trek Phaser Thread

<div class='quotetop'>(ricksprops @ Apr 21 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1230270[/snapback]</div>
Hello
I was the original propmaker on Star Trek TNG Phaser and I do see a difference in what I built and what is pictured on this tread. I made left handed pistols and right handed ones. They were identical except for the textured detail and direction of the grips. It's nice to see people out there who have lots of time to build something like this. I had only two week to build 12 guns that lit up. Those were good times back then.

rick
[/b]

Does anyone have pics of the screenused left handed versions?

Re: Star Trek Phasers

Here is the rarest of rare fan made phasers.

These phasers were made by Bruce Wegman and Dave Heilman in the early 80's.

Only about 20 were made and are remarkable for the time period made.
phaser1.JPG

I know this is an old thread, but is there any chance of restoring the links to the pics? I'd love to see these phasers.

Thanks!
phaser2.JPG

phaser3.JPG

phaser4.JPG

phaser5.JPG

phaser6.jpg

They all started out with sharp corners, but were rounded over because the corners snagged on the costumes. Most look like they were just cut off with a pocket knife, with very uneven corners.

They all started out with sharp corners, but were rounded over because the corners snagged on the costumes. Most look like they were just cut off with a pocket knife, with very uneven corners.
OMG, no WAY!!!! Really!?? That's just too funny!:lol
Surely not even the heroes! :eek

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the wand phaser listed. I think that one is an excellent reproduction, aside from the interior dial markings. To my knowledge, it is the only phaser in production that was created from a 3D scan of an original prop. They're being sold at ridiculous prices now, but were quite reasonable once upon a time, and, oh, they also double as a remote control.

You didn't miss it because this was an old thread that has not been updated since the Wand Phaser was produced. I agree it is one of the best mass market Phasers ever made and the original price of $150 was just crazy. It would be nice if they did another run of them but they seem to be concentrating on other things now.

You didn't miss it because this was an old thread that has not been updated since the Wand Phaser was produced. I agree it is one of the best mass market Phasers ever made and the original price of $150 was just crazy. It would be nice if they did another run of them but they seem to be concentrating on other things now.
Unfortunately, that does seem to be the case. We can always hold out hope though.

The MR was scanned as well , both the MR and the Wand Co have inaccuracies on them

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see the wand phaser listed. I think that one is an excellent reproduction, aside from the interior dial markings. To my knowledge, it is the only phaser in production that was created from a 3D scan of an original prop. They're being sold at ridiculous prices now, but were quite reasonable once upon a time, and, oh, they also double as a remote control.

From what I understand the main problem with the MR was the factory making changes from what the prototypes looked like. As for the Wand Phaser, Chris or Richard said they blew it with the handle because they knew it was wrong and forgot to fix it. I love the MR but the P1 messes it for me and I'm extremely happy the TWC Phaser.

I'm happy enough with the Wand Company phaser as it comes. It's not inaccurate enough for me to spend money on a more exact handle.

From what I understand the main problem with the MR was the factory making changes from what the prototypes looked like. As for the Wand Phaser, Chris or Richard said they blew it with the handle because they knew it was wrong and forgot to fix it. I love the MR but the P1 messes it for me and I'm extremely happy the TWC Phaser.

I'm happy enough with the Wand Company phaser as it comes. It's not inaccurate enough for me to spend money on a more exact handle.

The only things I did with my Wand Company Phaser was to add one of Stapleton's more accurate handles and add a blue watch crown to the P1. I also have one that was converted to a Black & White by a banned member so I won't mention his name.

The only things I did with my Wand Company Phaser was to add one of Stapleton's more accurate handles and add a blue watch crown to the P1. I also have one that was converted to a Black & White by a banned member so I won't mention his name.

Do you have any pics of the Stapleton replacement handle?

I can vouch for the Stapleton handles. I ordered one in bronze and I think it's great. There's a couple of pics on the Stapleton Productions Facebook page. I also have one of SD-Studios' black handles which is also excellent. The 2 tabs that fit into the body are made of brass on Stapleton's whereas they are resin on SD-Studios version and unfortunately mine broke off. The handle still fits firmly and doesn't move. I still have it attached. I ordered the bronze coloured Stapleton version for my 2nd Wand phaser. I consider myself very lucky to have 2 of the Wand phasers. Dang, in retrospect I would have grabbed a bunch of them. I am so happy with their quality. I have no idea what to expect when it comes time to replace the batteries though. Anyone kill their batteries yet?

Last edited:
The MR was scanned as well , both the MR and the Wand Co have inaccuracies on them
Maybe so, but it's more than good enough for me. The biggest inaccuracy with the wand company phaser is the slight difference in handle size. I got a new replacement handle, put one next to the other and from inches away, my GF could not even tell the difference with the naked eye. It is good to know that the Mr was scanned also, though. I wasn't aware of that. I also wouldn't mind having one of theirs.

I've got to say, I have a feeling if I was holding a wand phaser on-screen, none of that would be noticeable either, except maybe in a close up of the half moon dial. As a fan, it's the best one out there to my eye and ear. But everyone has their own favorites, and that's what it's all about.

Phasers from different Companies are like women, they all have their charms

Maybe so, but it's more than good enough for me. The biggest inaccuracy with the wand company phaser is the slight difference in handle size. I got a new replacement handle, put one next to the other and from inches away, my GF could not even tell the difference with the naked eye. It is good to know that the Mr was scanned also, though. I wasn't aware of that. I also wouldn't mind having one of theirs.

I've got to say, I have a feeling if I was holding a wand phaser on-screen, none of that would be noticeable either, except maybe in a close up of the half moon dial. As a fan, it's the best one out there to my eye and ear. But everyone has their own favorites, and that's what it's all about.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back