Official Show off your model collection thread!

nice setup
Are these some IKEA cases ?
love your Rey blaster, this a self-print or something offical ?

Yeah, they are the DETOLF glass cases from Ikea.

Thank! The blaster was my first 3D printed project I built when I got my printer. Actually it was my first ever 3D printed project.

NOT a modeler here, but I LOVE these re-issued Disney Pirates of the Caribbean MPC kits from the early 1970s. There were 7 kits, loosley based on tableau/ scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at Disneyland. I've built 2 so far.

The original molds are now owned and used by Lindberg, in their "Jolly Roger" line. Which is nice, because the ORIGINAL 1970s Disney kits go for $100s on eBay. These re-issues (with the Disney branding removed) are $20-$25 each. They have the original "Zap Action" rubber band feature that allows limbs and lids to spring and move.

(still working on a 1978 MPC R2-D2, not yet ready for his world premier)

95624ac4cf0d6e8cebf9188918312ff9.jpg

DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    535.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
A few years ago, I posted a pic of my meager collection and honestly, I really have not made a significant dent in it since. I still have an unfinished 1/350 scale PL Refit Enterprise sitting in a glass case waiting on finishing touches. Anway, I did have a Revell 1/144 Saturn V completed in my collection and was never happy with it's lack of accuracy but last year i noticed several adds on FaceBook where someone was selling Saturn V lamps for $400.00 ish. So , taking an old floor lamp, some LED strips and some Poly fill. Presto, I repurposed my model into a lamp for my home office. and it all cost me less than $50.00. Just thought I would share.
5XFy6v4.jpg

A few years ago, I posted a pic of my meager collection and honestly, I really have not made a significant dent in it since. I still have an unfinished 1/350 scale PL Refit Enterprise sitting in a glass case waiting on finishing touches. Anway, I did have a Revell 1/144 Saturn V completed in my collection and was never happy with it's lack of accuracy but last year i noticed several adds on FaceBook where someone was selling Saturn V lamps for $400.00 ish. So , taking an old floor lamp, some LED strips and some Poly fill. Presto, I repurposed my model into a lamp for my home office. and it all cost me less than $50.00. Just thought I would share.
View attachment 1356438
Magnificent!

I just started modeling again this Christmas when my son got me the Bandai TFA vehicle set and my daughter got me two Metal Earth real space models (Voyager probe and Lunar Rover). I've since completed the Bandai 1/144 TRoS Millennium Falcon and a paper model of the MCRN Tachi from The Expanse and I'm getting into the realm of what I consider a collection.

I'm finishing up a remodel on my office so they're just sitting on my desk for the moment, but I plan to get a display case soon. I'm also currently working on a pair 1/144 and 1/72 Bandai T-65 X-Wings (Rogue One set) to bolster my small fleet.
20210228_174121.jpg

I just started modeling again this Christmas when my son got me the Bandai TFA vehicle set and my daughter got me two Metal Earth real space models (Voyager probe and Lunar Rover). I've since completed the Bandai 1/144 TRoS Millennium Falcon and a paper model of the MCRN Tachi from The Expanse and I'm getting into the realm of what I consider a collection.

I'm finishing up a remodel on my office so they're just sitting on my desk for the moment, but I plan to get a display case soon. I'm also currently working on a pair 1/144 and 1/72 Bandai T-65 X-Wings (Rogue One set) to bolster my small fleet. View attachment 1431627
I love the metal earth kits they are neat!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back