Official Show off your model collection thread!

I love Bob Martins site, hopefully he will come out with that 48" Nautilus soon like he's been saying. I will be getting one of those if possible. Sounds like me on owning a bunch of mustangs, two 67's and 68. I sold them all due to other projects and not enough garage space. My last total restomod was a 1967 Fairlane GTA but once again someone made me an offer at a car show and I couldn't refuse, sold it and that was in 2015. don't know if this is okay or not on this site to share no-related model pictures but here it is. she was a beauty!
beautiful car! i love those and that one is awesome! I don't think anyone cares whats on this thread, it's a whatever thread as long as it's clean and nothing political. i thought about that 48 incher...but i don't know where I'd put it...nor fo i know where to put my deago falcon, whenever it is i get around to finishing it :lol:

That blue one is gorgeous! Almost the same color my Fairlane was.
thanks, those are my colors... i've done all my fastbacks in the same colors. the first one i sold to a now friend in tucson (when i lived in AZ) he would come up to phoenix for the cruise in's and we would park together, you couldn't tell them apart except for the lic plates! :lol:

Looks Great! Fantastic paint job.

Thanks PP. I wondered if you'd notice mine. A lot of searching went on for the proper K'Tinga colour scheme with very little to show except for one mid res gif. I had to mix most of the colours myself. You Kt has a lot more surface detail, lighting is very nice.

Thanks PP. I wondered if you'd notice mine. A lot of searching went on for the proper K'Tinga colour scheme with very little to show except for one mid res gif. I had to mix most of the colours myself. You Kt has a lot more surface detail, lighting is very nice.
Thanks yours is more detailed on the paint for sure. I took a lot of short cuts on my paint job. I have another to build and will use all of the masking I bought for it.

Here's my list, with more still on my wish list. Planning for my retirement in a few years. these should keep me busy for quite sometime. Studio Scale Kits:
Nice N Y Wing (WIP)
Vader TIE Fighter
Red 5 X Wing
RZ-2 A Wing
Nexus 1/18 Snowspeeder
Other Resin Kits:
Randy Cooper Galileo
Don Shoko Reliant Conv
Scott Brodeen 31" Nautilus
Hasbro Conv Kits (In storage)
Clone Wars Y Wing (x3)
Tie Fighter
A Wing
AT-ST (The Black Series)
Millennium Falcon (28")
Factory Plastic Kits:
See Pictures Below:

Sorry I posted this on the wrong thread, should have been in the kit stash thread. It was a late night last night.

Attachments

• 20200509_074330.jpg
    20200509_074330.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 375
  • Model stash - 8.jpg
    Model stash - 8.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 348
  • Model stash - 10.jpg
    Model stash - 10.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 309
  • Model stash - 11.jpg
    Model stash - 11.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
  • Model stash - 12.jpg
    Model stash - 12.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 329
  • Model stash - 13.jpg
    Model stash - 13.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 329
  • Model stash - 15.jpg
    Model stash - 15.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 311
  • Model stash - 16.jpg
    Model stash - 16.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 340
  • Model stash - 17.jpg
    Model stash - 17.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 302
  • Model stash - 18.jpg
    Model stash - 18.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • Model stash-3.jpg
    Model stash-3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 304
  • Model stash-4.jpg
    Model stash-4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 287
  • Model stash-5.jpg
    Model stash-5.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 295
  • Model stash-6.jpg
    Model stash-6.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 280
  • Model stash-7.jpg
    Model stash-7.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 284
  • Model stash-9.jpg
    Model stash-9.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 282
  • Modele stash - 14.jpg
    Modele stash - 14.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Here's my list, with more still on my wish list. Planning for my retirement in a few years. these should keep me busy for quite sometime. Studio Scale Kits:
Nice N Y Wing (WIP)
Vader TIE Fighter
Red 5 X Wing
RZ-2 A Wing
Nexus 1/18 Snowspeeder
Other Resin Kits:
Randy Cooper Galileo
Don Shoko Reliant Conv
Scott Brodeen 31" Nautilus
Hasbro Conv Kits (In storage)
Clone Wars Y Wing (x3)
Tie Fighter
A Wing
AT-ST (The Black Series)
Millennium Falcon (28")
Factory Plastic Kits:
See Pictures Below:

Sorry I posted this on the wrong thread, should have been in the kit stash thread. It was a late night last night.
Awesome collection dude, I see quite a few in there that I need to add to mine, which in the past few weeks has been slightly depleted :lol:

Nice! I've always wanted to try a figure, but I know from drawing that I have problems with shading so I'm pretty sure that would translate. That's why I stick to vehicles.

Nice! I've always wanted to try a figure, but I know from drawing that I have problems with shading so I'm pretty sure that would translate. That's why I stick to vehicles.

i tended to go for faces with character,like folds n creases, so i could put shadows and highlights, i worked in oils, much better than acrylics.
trying to paint say a young female face is really quite difficult because it's just a smooth boring surface.

the scottish soldier is called hamiSH :)

i painted creases on "eagle ribs" lips (the native american) i always point that out haha

IMG_5787.JPG

My build during confinement. MPC X-Wing, ESB replica paintjob. I put it on facebook yesterday, some of you may have seen it already.

I had a lot of fun trying to think more like a movie prop maker than the slow, perfectionist home modeller I am. Like, it's not even my type, but it's a great addition to my collection since all my other models have cleaner, more idealized paintjobs and this one has that movie prop look. It's not even 100% accurate, just my replica.

View attachment 1307810
My build during confinement. MPC X-Wing, ESB replica paintjob. I put it on facebook yesterday, some of you may have seen it already.

I had a lot of fun trying to think more like a movie prop maker than the slow, perfectionist home modeller I am. Like, it's not even my type, but it's a great addition to my collection since all my other models have cleaner, more idealized paintjobs and this one has that movie prop look. It's not even 100% accurate, just my replica.
MPC anything is hell and gone from anything resembling accurate to say the least, but that bird looks fantastic my friend(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back