Official ROTJ Jabba's Palace Blaster Thread

ssdesigner

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been talking and working with Tobe on this so that I don't step on any toes so with great thanks to him I've broken down this gun into the following parts:

GREEBLIE DISK #2

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/round_greeblie2.jpg[/image]

You can get one of these fine castings off the original from Tobe, the thread is here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...opic=105499&hl=

-Ss

Thanks WC.. :):thumbsup

The "clasp" looks to be from a boot of some sort. It looks strangely familiar. I've been told it has a brand name written on it and that info will be revealed soon :D

-Ss

Originally posted by Gigatron@Feb 25 2006, 07:44 AM
Parts #1 and #2 are the two halves of the fuel bowl from visible v8 model

-Fred
[snapback]1193174[/snapback]​

Thanks Fred.. Also, Greeblie Disk #1 looks like something I've seen a million times at a hardware store.....looking into that one right now :)

-Ss

SAS..you´re absolutely correct.

I´ve reserached the Jabba palace guard blaster for quite a time now and it´s definately there :)

Markus

The clasp is the same sort found on snow ski boots, I couldn't tell you which specific brand or anything, but thats a good place to start looking.

Disk #1 looks like a cover from a scope windage knob and Disk #2 looks like the same type of transistor found on the scout trooper blaster. I would contribute the thickness to the greeblie probably being a cast of a cast. But from this angle, it's hard to tell the shape.

-Fred

The front of the main body is part of the nose of the 1/32 Revell Phantom F-4E model kit (same kit yields many other ESB/ROTJ blaster greeblies).
I believe the rest of the main body is two more separate parts (handle + wider part before nose cone).
On top of the gun there appears to be a lifeboat from a model kit with 2 microchips on it.

I've done research on the skiboot clasp in the past and found similar ones, but not an exact match.

Greeblie Disc #1 is used on many ROTJ props. Besides the Jabba blaster it's also on top of all the Speederbike control levers.

Any news on this blaster? I keep thinking I recognize the part of the main body that starts where the clasp ends and goes forward until the gun begins to taper before the barrel tip. It looks like a white plastic plumbing part I used to have on my tool bench.

Hey Scott

There´s also a "flower-shaped" detail on the grip-bottom, that you should add to your list.
Sorry, but I don´t know how to describe it properly :$

Could someone post pics of it please?

Markus

Re: Official ROTJ Jabba's Palace Blaster Thread

Im just getting started gathering the parts with a purchase for Obi Wan. Is there a chance to breath new life into this thread?

Hey Dex

THIS thread is about the so called "assasin blaster" (pictured in the VD).
Also called Bib Fortuna blaster.

It´s not about the pellet gun based blaster, the guards and Luke used.

Markus

Ohh shoot. Sorry, my bad.

Post in Dan´s aka Anakin Starkillers thread..Maybe it´s evolving into a prop discussion. If you shoot me an email I could send you the pics I collected.

Markus

I plan to mold/ cast a few parts for my Hoth binocs and I could easily drop the Jabba blaster sideplates in silicone parallely, if anybody would be interested!?

Markus

Well, lmakeltraln, your name reminded me somehow, so i checked my files.

When i made my JPGB you asked me to make you one of the threaded pieces for the endcaps. I machined it for you, informed you of it´s completion and asked several times for payment - without getting any reply from your side. That happened over a year ago, and the part is still on my workbench, as a reminder.

Yes, i do have parts for this type of blaster - but not for you. Not even for a doubled price.

I´m sure you completly understand why i take this stance. Good luck for your build.

Lichbringer -

You are 100% right-
First i must apologize for asking you for that part then never coming thru with actually buying it. About a year ago i lost one of my closest friends in a car accident with no life insurance and that really took me off course with my prop builds. It set be back financially to help his family and emotionally as well. Honestly that really affected me and I had just about given up completely on my prop builds and almost forgot about this site altogether. With all on my mind, I totally forgot that we had worked out a deal and I truly do apologize for being an ass for asking for something and not getting back to you. Please allow me make this right by finishing the deal for the machined end cap. I really want to clear the air of any harsh feelings you may have towards me and more so I feel ashamed because I truly respected your hard work on this build and looked forward to doing business with you in hopes my build would turn out just as awesome.

Please consider accepting my apologies, and if you can find it within yourself to forgive me, id be interested in hearing what other parts for this build you may have so I can get this wrapped up and get you paid.

With deepest apologies - I'm sorry, I hope you can understand.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back