Off World Blade Runner repaint

Haquinus

I bought myself an offworld blade runner blaster. It was a little disappointing and boring, so I decided to start modifying it. This is my first repaint (worldcon version). I used a simple method I found on these forums, just regular war hammer acrylic paint. Please submit advice and tips for modifications (this is my first try at something like this) , is there any way to reinforce or replace the plastic bulldog frame?
Before:
nRtNguI.jpgSN6VJZc.jpg
After:

ukMO6Od.jpgFa4ty6N.jpgvBGBTXZ.jpgvd9v3Yd.jpg

Looks great! Really like the weathering done, looks like some good wear and tear. Definitely inspires me to weather mine.

A vast improvement no question.

The only comments I have would be that it would be great to take a little silver rub-n-buff to some of the more exposed parts of the frame. Not a lot at all, just little enough to vary the finish so that the body does not look so uniformly weathered.

The second comment would be regarding the rust. Its a great colour but for me the spots are too big. If you scale down the blemishes so that it's more subtle, then you will be on the money..

That looks great! I was thinking about doing the same but apparently the Offworlds shot up in price dramatically.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back