OdiWan72´s prop family

The one with the two blades?!
This one
20210618_064738.jpg
20210527_030851.jpg
4k-swreturnjedi-starwarsscreencaps.com-6161.jpg
20210527_030808.jpg
han and boba rotj skiff battle.jpg

Have any of the other vibroblade parts been ID'd? I know one uses a baffle part off a toy, which I have. I haven't seen any other parts ID'd though.
Yes they have.
-Melnor soft flo soaker
-1978 kenner han solo blaster ( the 1996 one is
cheaper and from the same mold)
- AN3106B-14S-1S cannon electrical plug
connector
- Gillette supermax hairdryer
- Tamiya 1/6 scale yamaha xs1100lg stator
cover
- faucet snap nipple adapter for threadless
faucet (Made by several different companies)

Last edited:
Yeah I know about those, I meant the two types the Gamorrean guards that confront Luke are armed with. I know they use the soaker, but the rest is different. I have this piece that I know goes to some ROTJ vibro weapon, but for the life of me I don't remember what it goes to. It would be on the end of the weapon like where the soaker is or on the very end. It's off a Tupperware Toys Pop-A-Lot.

vibrosomething3.jpg

Yeah I know about those, I meant the two types the Gamorrean guards that confront Luke are armed with. I know they use the soaker, but the rest is different. I have this piece that I know goes to some ROTJ vibro weapon, but for the life of me I don't remember what it goes to. It would be on the end of the weapon like where the soaker is or on the very end. It's off a Tupperware Toys Pop-A-Lot.

View attachment 1487090
GamorreanGuardwithVibro-lance.jpg

Omg I never paid attention, that's 3 new vibro-axe props to my brain!

Dont worry about the T track Markus, they were definitely not perfect on the real props and those are worth a lot more than our projects :D

I hate that. Waaaay back when I did a Gaffi stick out of a real Totokia club (when Tom Spina was selling them) I finished it and was really proud. Tom saw my picture and said "I like how you made the metal shaft a little off horizontal so it looks hand made."
uIMuAga.gif
I think I just said "yeah I thought that would be a neat effect." and in my head that hole was perfectly straight! :lol:

I agree with regards to OT track, but the one seen on the E22 has a very specific profile and is totally symmetrical. Anyway...will have to live with what I did for now

View attachment 1487380View attachment 1487382

Naturally, everything they make these days is perfect, it sucks! I love my printer, but nothing they've made for the recent movies has the mojo like the old stuff. Anyway, yours is awesome, finish it up!

Random additional thought - Have you thought about 3d printing jigs for aligning tracks/drilling holes? With some thought you can get pretty precise and save lots of time. Damn, I've gone to the dark side....:eek: Loving the old school tape method though! (y)

Naturally, everything they make these days is perfect, it sucks! I love my printer, but nothing they've made for the recent movies has the mojo like the old stuff. Anyway, yours is awesome, finish it up!

Random additional thought - Have you thought about 3d printing jigs for aligning tracks/drilling holes? With some thought you can get pretty precise and save lots of time. Damn, I've gone to the dark side....:eek: Loving the old school tape method though! (y)
Of course I thought about a Jig, but I don´t have a printer with a large enough print bed (just a Mars).
Besides of that...there´s SO much, that I´d like to change on the E22 on a future (re)build, that I just want to finish it for now and put it away. Printed props are nice, but I just can´t stand them (esp. not SLA prints)....Resolution is awesome, but I can´t tell you how many times things broke off, snapped or (with regards to the seam on the receiver section of the E22) simply popped open again (during the countless pre-assemblies of the blaster).

The amount of frustration that came with the E22 build is sufficient for at least three future projects :/

Will have to deal with the numerous cuts in the aluminum from applying the tape template now...ARGH!!!

Of course I thought about a Jig, but I don´t have a printer with a large enough print bed (just a Mars).
Besides of that...there´s SO much, that I´d like to change on the E22 on a future (re)build, that I just want to finish it for now and put it away. Printed props are nice, but I just can´t stand them (esp. not SLA prints)....Resolution is awesome, but I can´t tell you how many times things broke off, snapped or (with regards to the seam on the receiver section of the E22) simply popped open again (during the countless pre-assemblies of the blaster).

The amount of frustration that came with the E22 build is sufficient for at least three future projects :/

Will have to deal with the numerous cuts in the aluminum from applying the tape template now...ARGH!!!
I feel your frustration but the effort will be rewarded with one of the coolest blasters in the galaxy displayed in your collection. Amazing work!

Haha! Tell me about it! I totally agree, and beyond fragility...you have no idea how much I railed against the deluge of everything being printed, but somehow can't stop doing it lol!

I wanted to reply to say, you can get resins that are a LOT more durable than the stuff that most folks seem to use, but it does cost half again as much (or more). And still on the brittle side, but you can get close to casting resin (polyurethane) in terms of shatter resistance for some extra $$. I geek out on this too much I'm afraid. LMK if you want to talk materials, don't want to clog up this epicness. :)

Just put the last few screws in it…wow, what a frustrating build this was

This blaster is massive!
Here it is in comparsion with an E11 and it‘s custom R1 style Rebel Alliance double barreled counterpart

BED7140D-D457-43D3-898D-E47D03D50FAA.jpegDCDB2367-793D-4299-A8D6-F170ADD4CC9D.jpeg

Won´t even start telling you guys what I do NOT like about this build...it has so many flaws, that I might address eventually. But I simply wanted to finish and put it away to make room for other projects.

Featuring:
- Real S&T Grip section
- Real S&T muzzle tips (leftovers from E11D builds)
- Aluminum barrels with real hand shaped track
- FM R1 power cylinders
- Real M38 scope
- Real -vintage- Hengstler counter
- Real taktical flashlight

The rest is a combination of printed (special thanks to Eelco from 3DPropsNL for some of the larger parts, that did not fit on my Mars) and scratchbuilt parts (where the printed stuff simply didn´t do it).

Enough whining...One more blaster done, "x" more to go *LOL*

will post some more glamorous pictures asap ;)

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back