OCC vs PJD vs Jesse James build-off.

Between Jesse and paul sr i'm amazed their egos had room for Jr. I'd honestly watch the show if they would just focus on PJD builds. Funny how little drama there is when he has his own company yet the old man's place is a disaster. I keep rooting for Sr to crash and burn.

I've watched this show from the start.

Why is this Jesse James thing even in it? He does cars right?

I agree ditch everthing but PJD, get back to the builds without the bull****.

All they need is Rick and they'll have the group that made the best bikes.

I saw the MACHINE at SDCC and got to sit on it. It was BADASS.

I won't watch it as long as Jesse James is on the show. The Nazi lover ******* can go **** himself after what he did to Sandra Bullock by cheating with that painted ***** on that tattoo show. I sent a letter to the Discovery channel explaining just that.

I keep rooting for Sr to crash and burn.

He already crashed from the Cadillac build off, and burned when he completely lost Mikey. I'd also say PJD has evolved from assembler to builder. The bikes are still sterile, but much better. The split even improved SR's bikes.

It's a promo thing, but it's fun seeing the Teutels tweaked.

I liked the Biker Build Off series. Particularly Trevelene, Indian Larry, Chica, and Russell Mitchell.

I won't watch it as long as Jesse James is on the show. The Nazi lover ******* can go **** himself after what he did to Sandra Bullock by cheating with that painted ***** on that tattoo show. I sent a letter to the Discovery channel explaining just that.

Ya I Jesse is definitely trash.

He already crashed from the Cadillac build off, and burned when he completely lost Mikey. I'd also say PJD has evolved from assembler to builder. The bikes are still sterile, but much better. The split even improved SR's bikes.

Sr's Cadillac bike was okay (meaning everyone else who built it, but I don't recall he did any work on it).. but Jr's bike kicked serious ass.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't blame Jr if he never reconciled with Sr, not even until they plant Sr in the ground. He'll regret that somewhat, but then again, Sr has done everything possible to drive him away.

I've watched this show from the start.
Me too. I'll watch almost anything that has fabrication involved.

Why is this Jesse James thing even in it?
I'd bet Jesse is bumming that his life is sheet, and went to Disco to get a quick foot back in the door.

I agree ditch everthing but PJD, get back to the builds without the bull****.

All they need is Rick and they'll have the group that made the best bikes.
Yep, I enjoy the 100% harmony approach to PJD, and it's funny to see the hints for Rick that Jr. drops.

I saw the MACHINE at SDCC and got to sit on it. It was BADASS.

I loved that trike. Thought that the tank could have been as sculpted as the wheels, but that was a short time to pull that piece of coolness off. Just glad they didn't web-r-ize it.

(Oh god I multi-quoted, please ignore that. :lol)

I think the Gears of war trike was the freshest design that Jr has come up with and it for sure was a beast. I'd love to see it pop up in a Gears game if they make more or add it somehow as a DLC.

I liked the Biker Build Off series. Particularly Trevelene, Indian Larry, Chica, and Russell Mitchell.

Trevelene
3117467940_09e60f1849_z.jpg

Indian Larry's shop:
tumblr_lbl3ya5xK81qaxrgdo1_500.jpg

Chica:
bike10c.jpg

I'm not sure whose bike this is but it works for me: (might need a cushier saddle)
Numriser0006-7.jpg

They've got pics of the bikes built on the Discovery channel website.

Did someone forget to tell Sr they are supposed to build a bike?

I do get a laugh out of the episodes where Sr tries to help build a bike and everyone rolls their eyes when he has his back turned. Either he's been out of practice or he never was any good. I always liked Indian Larry's stuff.

Speaking just about the bikes and not the personalities involved, this is the way I see it.

If you like a simple standard chopper look that's been around since the 60s, vote for Jesse James.

If you like a creative design, unique use of materials/finishes, along with a very cool extra (exhaust pipes out the sides of the gas tank), vote for Paul Jr. Designs.

If you like, ummm...

...nevermind.

Jr.
I like most of Jr's bike, and then the fenders went a little disco-liberace for me with the copper blow-out. Not sure about the smoke inside for the reveal.

Sr.
Pretty cool front end, but riding around with a box between your legs has gotta suck, but not suck as bad a haircut from a flame thrower at 60mph. It was still a snowmobile.

Jesse
His bike is beautiful, but the forks are weak and having to look around the side of your bike to drive is not my idea of fun. His engine sounded great. Nothing innovative about the design. It was pretty but his premise was compromised with the doin' it myself but then ten guys dropping buy. Not really walking the walk.

That Army bike behind Jr. looked really sweet, I hope that one is on a future show.

I've liked all the bikes Jr. has done so far, but this Mustang themed bike is my least favorite. I liked the silver and copper mix, it was too shiny for me and needed some color and maybe a brown leather seat.

Taking the builders out of the mix, based on the bikes alone I'd have to vote for Jesse's bike- when compared to the other two. Sure his was nothing new, but it was a clean, good looking motorcycle. Out of the 3 bikes in this competion, Jesse's bike is the only one I would ride out in public.

Personally, I hope Jr. wins.

I give credit to Jesse's bike for looking like a standard bike, but really, that doesn't show much. Jr's bike is more innovative, more curious looking, but yeah, it wouldn't last a 100 mile ride on it. Jesse's is definitely built for actual use, as opposed to Jr's built to show some neat twists on the bike.

Sr's is a pile of ****.

I was disappointed with the Gears of War trike. Great paint job, but instead of painting the metal plates, why not fabricate them? Just a layer of sheet metal riveted to the skin would have been great and give a real 3d effect.
Still a great trike, but it could have been better.

Sr. needs to retire. Jr. needs to steal Rick. Jason Pohl needs to stop listening to the other guys and design bikes like he envisions them. It really isn't Sr. VS Jr., it is Jr. VS Pohl. They are the designers, everyone else seems to just do the grunt work.

Jesse James' - More traditional, but the high frame reminded me of Paul Sr.'s P.O.W. bike.

Paul Jr.'s - Low and lean, but far too "Liberace" for my tastes (as darth_myeek mentioned above).

Paul Sr.'s - Interesting design, but I wouldn't call it a "bike".

If I had the deciding vote Jesse James' bike would win, but I wouldn't want any of 'em in my garage.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back