Obi1kenny's Rebel Blaster prototype

obi1kenny

Sr Member
Speaking of Rebel Blasters, I finally have something to show off.
I have been working on this project off and on now for a few months, while the rest of my prop group is busy building Fett rifles and Fett helmets. Anyhow from gathering info to scaling and drawing prints and the usual, I have gotten this far with my prototype. But I could still use more help on identifying or coming to some middle ground as to the basic detail of this ANH style gun.

On to the pics. The sterling parts are from the one and only CHRIMA the great.

RBproto2.jpg

RBproto3.jpg

RBproto5.jpg

Well, thatÂ’s my progress so far, and itÂ’s still just my prototype.
I would like to thank a few people for helping thus far. My buds, Goffcorp and Chrima, and special thanks to Chris (lonepigion) for supplying a few great pics and a bit of info, Richard (TK-818 ) for the awesome tutorial over on ASAP, letting me check out his gun first hand and answering a few question, John (jhyphen) for supplying a few pics too, weird huh. Also, again Wackychimp for the pic hosting
icon_smile.gif

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
vader71 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
That is a very cool blaster. How about better pictures of the one just to the right?
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Thanks.
I had a thread up a while back on the Sterling metal/resin prototype kit that I was working on. But that was put on hold, so there's not much more to see. But I can't turn down a request.

ViewImage.dll

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=obi1kenny&album_id=82050&image_id=0&courtesy=1

ViewImage.dll

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=obi1kenny&album_id=82050&image_id=1&courtesy=1

I would really like some insight on the Rebel Blaster if anyone can add something I may not know as of yet. Thanks -Ken

Hey Ken, looking great. Here is another piece of the puzzle.

ViewImage.dll

The one on the left is the cast version. I used clear resin for the cone. It is kinda blurry because it was some old stock and it got alot of bubbles. The actual scopes cones will turn out much better. They will also have the black part imbeded in the clear cone too.

Later

Both of those guns are looking awesome!

(he..he...we have the same mouse pad too- but uor audience is still watching a blank screen
icon_smile.gif
)

BTW- One of you last 3 guys needs to check your HTML or BB code!!!

-cris

Sorry for the dissappearance and what seems to be random editing. The issue was caused by a signature. I have removed it and informed the member. Hopefully we can figure out what happened in order to get that sig back asap.

sure WS
icon_wink.gif
Oh, and thanks for the other great comments.

OK, back to the Rebel Blaster.

This is about the best source picture I have been able to find and used it a little bit to scale off of. So what the hell is that crap on the side of the scope rail?

RebelBlaster.jpg

Could we be looking at more parts from the V8 model kit? Just come kind of funny rod that was placed there or is it really a wiper blade?

Not quite on the Single Point.
That's the old style SP:

SP1.jpg

To make it accurate you need the front cone, an orange "stem" and the covers for the adjustment knobs:

SP2.jpg

You remove the front dome cone, cut down the red sight and add the red stem.

SP3.jpg

It should look like this:

SP4.jpg

Here's my DH17:

RebBlasterMy.jpg

With holster:

RebHolsterMy.jpg

On that DH17 pic.
I think it could be a stunt body from ANH but the scope and rings were probably added later.
The rings are the wrong type and they used real Single Points in ANH.

I think the strip that runs along the side of the scope rail is grip material (same for the saber and Sterling barrel).
It looks like it was removed or fell off and left a glue mark.
To bad we don't have a shot of the other side.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
gavidoc wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
looks like a resin cast blaster and the part that ahs snapped was a resin copy of a washerblade that has broken.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

OK, this sounds like a good theory.
I think everyone agrees that this is a resin stunt blaster and that that is basically what was used in the movie, the think trigger guard without trigger.

I like the looks of the wiper blade on the side of the scope rail, gives it a nice clean look to it. Still looks like it could be a small rectangular greeblie at the front of the rail side then a rod or broken resin blade down the rest of the side.

Also, looks to possibly be an extra slotted screw run threw the back sight to maybe hold the rail on place before it was cast. ItÂ’s much bigger than the step on the real sterling back sight. Just speculation too.

resinrail.jpg

Also, the scope rings on this resin blaster are incorrect and believe to be added years later with another solid resin scope.

Richard,
You typed your response before I got my theory posted.

On the single point scope that Chrima has copied, I believe that the real scope on the right is a loner from Chris James, but donÂ’t know if the tip is an add-on or what.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back