Obi Wan's table

that0nekid

I want to build Obi Wan's coffee table seen in his house in ANH. I was wondering if anyone has any info on it at all.
Thank you in advance.

It looks like it's made out of concrete. I suppose you could make a wooden master and then cast it. How do you plan on approaching this project? I must admit, it would be cool to have an Obi-Wan coffee table birdbath in my garden :D

fairly simple build..

need 3 old tires
1 truck/suv tire top
1 motorcycle rear tire (botton)
1 motorcycle tire front (middle)
plywood - big enough to set everything ontop
1 piece rebar cut into 1ft sections
2 bags concrete

1st cut sidewall bottom tire upface side only
2nd cut both sides side wall middle tire
3rd cut side wall bottom face tire (top tire)
note: when cutting side wall of tire it is recommended to cut about 4inches , not really neded cut entire side wall

place bottom tire on top plywood fill 3/4 with concrete , now ad few pieces rebar randomly throughout 4x pieces should work
place middle tire ontop repeat pouring concrete fill bottom and most 2nd tire add 2 or 3 more pieces rebar but you will need rebar
raised high enough to reach about halfway thru top tire (cut if necessary) place 3rd tire ontop continue fill concrete over fill about 1-2 inches

wait 48 hrs for concrete to cure ... then use a saw cut tires away, use power sander smooth blemishes

note if weight is an issue : use a mix pumice / concrete 3/1 .. pumice is used to mmix with concrete to make cinder blocks...

Last edited:
I think that unless this was a found piece, it would make more sense that it is not concrete, but textured to look something like that. It would be a PITA to move something that was solid concrete around a set.

No ... not really ... his belt was like a tool belt already prepped for any tool, with D-rings and clips, used on the farm of his uncle Owen ... only after been giving a lightsaber by Obi-Wan did it become a, what we call, lightsaber hook :wacko

Chaim

Another pic of the OWK set. Frankly, the thing actually looks like a bird bath. Maybe some kind of stool with the cushion removed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Kenobis hovel.jpg
    Kenobis hovel.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 332
sure does look like they used a pool float ring as some kind of template or mold for at least the top ring. u can see the Seam line on the pool tube

I know tires were talked about but back then inner tubes weren't as popular as they were like back in the 30s and 40s. that's a fairly large inner tube if it is a tire, maybe a drag racing inner tube? we still use those today

right away when I look at this I see pool float ring..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back