Obi-Wan transistors

That image you posted is deceving because of the light and angle. Look at the center image of this referance picture. Do you see how flat the top of the washer is? So many of the aircraft washers that come to a point are inaccurate.

l10fB6b.jpg

I've looked at these many times .. in both cases I see countersunk washers.
1652300615946.png

And since this type of washers actually exist I can't really wrap my mind to think of something else when I see this picture :)

But yeah, in this scene, when the saber falls on the ground, there the washer looks flat to me as well
1652300966370.png

This old thread of mine may be helpful to anyone trying to sort through what we're seeing on the Obi saber. And I agree with Seth, the ones being sold recently are stunningly inaccurate and only have the benefit of being 'vintage' parts.

Here is a closeup of my saber with the washers in my above post.
IMG_2865.JPG

This old thread of mine may be helpful to anyone trying to sort through what we're seeing on the Obi saber. And I agree with Seth, the ones being sold recently are stunningly inaccurate and only have the benefit of being 'vintage' parts.

Here is a closeup of my saber with the washers in my above post.
View attachment 1574927
Yours look great, but they also are countersunk ... if I understand Seth correctly, what he means by "It might be better to just flip them over" is that he believes they are just flat.
Here's how they look flipped :
1652458171522.png

And to post some better screen grabs, the single washer looks flat to me in the movie:
1652458340773.png

But that's not the look I'm after personally, and since I believe it is most likely the same washer from the chronicles picture it is probably the light and low resolution that makes it look flat in the movie.

Guys,

How do you attach the transistors to the Graflex clamp? I was trying to drill a hole in it (for the hex cap screw) but that material inside is very though! What is it? Feels like some sort of ceramic. I don't have a drill press so I did not force it too much risking to damage the transistor. I've seen the other options on the previous pages, but these Marconi pieces don't have long legs. I don't want to glue them :/

It's ceramic and epoxy. I drilled into mine not with a drill bit, but with a tiny grinding bit made for glass, then epoxied a screw into the hole.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back