Obi Wan Lightsaber Document Holder?

Does it 'come apart'?
That would have been my thought as well - "document holder" = tube that holds your rolled-up papers, right?

I guess not... per the product description - "Collectible lightsaber handle that can double as a paperweight!"

:rolleyes: Pretty expensive "paperweight."

I saw this on the Sideshow site this morning. They gave the size/dimensions, I’d have to check but it sounded like it was the correct/accurate size.

Before everyone starts bashing- this isn’t a prop replica. It’s a paperweight. A pewter paperweight. This isn’t made for us.

You’re a Star Wars fan. You love the movies. You have ZERO idea there is a whole community and industry dedicated to making replica SW props. You are an ‘average joe’ with a regular ‘desk job’. But you love Star Wars.

Lightsabers are wicked-sweet and with this paperweight you can have it sitting on your desk at work, both as something to admire and something to let your co-workers know you really love Star Wars. You can even pick it up and swing it around when no one is looking making ‘laser sword’ sounds. Win-win for you living your best life.

This isn’t a prop. It isn’t a cosplay accessory. You can’t hollow it out and make it an LED FX saber. It’s a paperweight.

Before everyone starts bashing- this isn’t a prop replica. It’s a paperweight. A pewter paperweight. This isn’t made for us.

This isn’t a prop. It isn’t a cosplay accessory. You can’t hollow it out and make it an LED FX saber. It’s a paperweight.
You're absolutely right.

I'll save my money and wait for the lightsaber toilet plunger. :p

(if it hasn't been done already I'm sure it will happen eventually)

It's a neat concept but deffinently over priced. I like how the graflex separates with the j lock! But cheaper replicas exist and can hold documents as well.

They for sure targeted casual fans who don't know any better.

I saw this on bigbadtoystore and almost posted it here so we could all laugh.
That's EXPENSIVE!!!!
and where I work (im in the navy) that would last about 4 hours until another sailor walks by while I'm gone, grabs it and jumps up on my desk and yells "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!"

I have brought "normal" sabers in on star wars day and they are pretty respectful. But a permanent desk prop/weight? No thanks. Not for that price.
Causal fans shell out that kind of dough?

Back when I started collecting Lord of the Rings swords and other collectibles, a friend of mine would always get me “higher end” items from The Noble Collection as birthday and Christmas presents. He didn’t know any better (that they were far from accurate or not even well made in some cases), and chose them simply because they were the more expensive licensed option. Those are the kind of people I envision buying these.

I saw this on the Sideshow site this morning. They gave the size/dimensions, I’d have to check but it sounded like it was the correct/accurate size.

You’re a Star Wars fan. You love the movies. You have ZERO idea there is a whole community and industry dedicated to making replica SW props. You are an ‘average joe’ with a regular ‘desk job’. But you love Star Wars.

Lightsabers are wicked-sweet and with this paperweight you can have it sitting on your desk at work, both as something to admire and something to let your co-workers know you really love Star Wars. You can even pick it up and swing it around when no one is looking making ‘laser sword’ sounds. Win-win for you living your best life.

I was with you right up until I saw it was priced like a prop replica. I don't really know who it's for other than maybe like you said some casual fan who is a rich executive. That's the only person I can see buying that as a paper weight... and not going for an actual prop replica.

I dont see how a REAL prop/replicas wouldnt be heavy enough to be a paper weight as well then?

I see NO purpose behind this.. (regardless if you are a collector a nobody or somewhere in between)

Overpriced 'junk'.. and a mis-leading in price and use.

I see it as they don't have the rights to make a full size lightsaber so they called it a paper weight to get around that legally. There will be people that will buy it and think it is the coolest thing ever.

Let's be honest, all lightsabers are basically paperweights. But, yeah this particular "collectible" seems a bit crass.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back