CrossfireProps

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With the finale of Kenobi releasing today I realized that I never shared these sabers I made a few weeks ago on here!

Both of these were fully resin 3D Printed minus 3 internal metal rods and a real screw to hold the fake covertec wheel in place. These were super fun to build and paint, and were great practice for me with automotive clear coats, chrome paints, and candy tints.

I had one of the awesome Elite/MK3 mashups from Roman Props come in while I was working on these and loosely based the paint off those. I kept one saber clean, and gave the other some light weathering to match the Roman Props replica. The 3D model was privately designed for me by 3DTechDesign.

I'm keeping the clean saber for my personal collection, but will be selling the weathered one for $125 with free US shipping, I'll post a sale thread on here soon if no one reaches out before I get around to it.

Overall I was very pleased with the Kenobi series, and man that finale was epic! I've got an itch to build a full Purge Trooper for myself, so hopefully we get some references from bts in the coming months and someone starts producing kits!

Gloss Black.jpg
As I often do with builds I realized a bit in that I wasn't taking any photos, so with this one we're dropping in at the gloss black base before chrome.

Chrome.jpg
Candy.jpg
After the gloss black comes the oh so shiny chrome! While my old airbrush is in the background, these were painted with automotive spray guns. The gold and bronze candy was done with my Iwata HP-TH since it was just a few small parts.

Lineup.jpg
Rods.jpg
After sealing with 2k gloss, I assembled all the parts. Each saber has 3 metal rods through the center. I did some light weathering on one of the sabers after assembly and then they were finished!

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

6.png
7.jpg

10.png
P1050276.png

Roman Props metal saber in the center of the right photo​

Sabers look amazing, outstanding job !

What are you using for the candy gold paint over the chrome? I've airbrushed silver chrome (Spaz Stix) but I haven't had luck finding gold candy paint to go over the chrome.

Sabers look amazing, outstanding job !

What are you using for the candy gold paint over the chrome? I've airbrushed silver chrome (Spaz Stix) but I haven't had luck finding gold candy paint to go over the chrome.
Since these were just a few small things I used alcohol inks to tint these. Keep in mind they'll stay tacky until cleared.

What kind of gold did you use for the neck? Been testing a lot of different ones but don't find one with that certain hue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back