Obi Wan Kenobi ROTS actual lightsaber

Hi guys is the actual Obi Wan ROtS Hero lightsaber? The one he used to chop off Anakin’s limb etc? Thought Ewan Mcgregor kept it.
There's not usually only *one* hero prop. And there's probably not a good way to determine which specific scenes this one may have been used in unless it has unique characteristics and if those characteristics can be seen on film.

In the description of this one, it says:

This hero lightsaber was gifted by the film's producers to celebrated stunt coordinator and sword master Nick Gillard on completion of the prequel trilogy.

Resurrecting.
359F2980-726D-4989-98EA-CC34C393B071.jpeg

the known variants. Left to right:
1. Hero belt hanger screencap
2. Nick Gilliards an alternate photo
3. The Archives hilt
4. The exhibit / tour hilt (maybe also the archives with a very different lighting scenario).

I don’t think we’ve actually seen the belt hanger after filming wrapped.

I know Ewan claims he officially doesn’t have one (The Graham Norton show), but that’s exactly what someone would say if they totally stole it off the set and officially don’t want to give it away (I don’t believe him).

The windvane area’s thin neck coloration and scaling is the biggest giveaway at a glance.

I do believe that the Prop Store hilt was used twice due to markings on the pommel and the threaded rod in the emitter as the “force pull” gag hilt during the Greivous’ Bridge fight sequence and the Mustafar control room duels.

0AADB459-5DC1-4999-AEA3-336FDF4E30C5.jpeg

Here are all the close up screen grabs I could find. The profile of the left image is particularly interesting. The lower windvane looks more like the Hales geometry

Resurrecting.
View attachment 1427576
the known variants. Left to right:
1. Hero belt hanger screencap
2. Nick Gilliards an alternate photo
3. The Archives hilt
4. The exhibit / tour hilt (maybe also the archives with a very different lighting scenario).

I don’t think we’ve actually seen the belt hanger after filming wrapped.

I know Ewan claims he officially doesn’t have one (The Graham Norton show), but that’s exactly what someone would say if they totally stole it off the set and officially don’t want to give it away (I don’t believe him).

The windvane area’s thin neck coloration and scaling is the biggest giveaway at a glance.

I do believe that the Prop Store hilt was used twice due to markings on the pommel and the threaded rod in the emitter as the “force pull” gag hilt during the Greivous’ Bridge fight sequence and the Mustafar control room duels.
Last pic is not a touring Saber at all. It's exactly identical to the screen used archive Saber. Copper button version on clamp.

Did anyone get any closeup pictures of the hilt on auction at the PropStore Table at Star Wars Celebration 2022? They had it on display there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back