Obi - Wan goggles

Is anyone working on replicas of these goggles or a kit for them? Actual AO AN6530 goggles are horrendously expensive and rare with the correct lens color so replicas would be great

Attachments

• WDW-Magazine-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Plot-Recap-Episode-6-Finale-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Featured-Disney.jpg
    WDW-Magazine-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Plot-Recap-Episode-6-Finale-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Featured-Disney.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 213
Pretty sure they are WW2 AN-6530 Flying Goggles, or B7 Goggles, with Amber Lenses. Super Pricey to collectors even BEFORE Kenobi.

3D Modelers.. Assemble!

I'm not fully sold that they are reproductions. All the reproductions I have seen that are readily available are missing the correct vents on top. The images of the listings above don't show it (perhaps because collectors know they are not accurate?). There are two versions of the AN6530, one made by American Optical, the other by Charles Fischer - the difference being the vent design on the top. The screen accurate pair are the American Optical pair with the tubes.

With regards to the leather however, it could be that they swapped it out for reproduction leather.

1656420988626.png
1656421052970.png

Reproduction frames are also chromed where as the AO ones on the show appear to be the matte version.

Having handled a lot of originals over the years, it would not make sense to use them as nearly all of them are unwearable, rubber decomposed, leather dried out, straps stretched beyond recognition, etc. Given the availability of very high quality reproductions, why would any props dept waste time with originals? Will see if I have some original / reproduction comparison images to show you what I mean.

Having handled a lot of originals over the years, it would not make sense to use them as nearly all of them are unwearable, rubber decomposed, leather dried out, straps stretched beyond recognition, etc. Given the availability of very high quality reproductions, why would any props dept waste time with originals? Will see if I have some original / reproduction comparison images to show you what I mean.

I've had a few goggles over the years with different rubber conditions. I agree that a usable vintage version would be fragile - however not impossible. It could be they replaced the rubber/leather piece as there are plenty of reproductions.

It doesn't feel beyond them that they might have access to a vintage goggles. Seems the sort of thing costume companies might have.

Some of the vintage googles I've seen are in surprisingly good shape. I would love to get a pair of these but I won't spend several hundred dollars on this particular item.

I'm going to check out an army navy surplus store nearby today that has a huge selection of original and repro WWII gear.

Remember guys that it appears the strap is black. There are white and gray straps out there. White being the most prevalent. Hate to see anybody have to pay extra to get the right colored strap. Black straps are about $20.

Those are the ones I was lucky enough to score. They are "flying" home. They added a black strap to the deal.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 105
  • s-l1600 (7).jpg
    s-l1600 (7).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 89
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 125
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 83
  • s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 113
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 86
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 101
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 100
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 133
Pretty sure they are WW2 AN-6530 Flying Goggles, or B7 Goggles, with Amber Lenses. Super Pricey to collectors even BEFORE Kenobi.

3D Modelers.. Assemble!
These look like they could be a cheap option for cosplaying

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back