Obi Wan Apprentice Saber

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpg

Although I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between a Padawan and an apprentice, here it is. It's mostly PVC with the the rings cut to size on a miter saw.
image.jpg
The body of the emitter is a cup from a candle holder, the flange is sink drain, and the interior is a small flashlight reflector.
image.jpg
The pommel is more PVC covered with HVAC tape and Bare Metal Foil. If I were to do it again, I'd make it a little bigger.

Last edited:
You said you cut those rings on a miter saw? Wow you have still hands, thought they were machined at first glance

I think you nailed this one, how is it held together?

You said you cut those rings on a miter saw? Wow you have still hands, thought they were machined at first glance

I think you nailed this one, how is it held together?

The rings were cut from 1" PVC pipe and mounted on a 3/4" inner pipe. While most of it is just mounted on that 3/4" pipe in some way, the emitter is held on by one of those threaded tubes used to assemble lamps.

And yeah, using a miter saw was a little sketchy, so I kept my hands as far away from the moving blade as possible. I've since discovered washing machine drain hose. While it's still possible I'll cut my fingers with a utility knife, it's far less likely I'll cut them off.

That looks great! I thought it was all metal.

Thanks. The use of mylar film, HVAC tape, and automotive pin striping tape for the rings did prove particularly effective.

I couldn't remember whether I'd started a thread on this saber. Clearly I did. Nothing new... Just some "beauty" shots with my new setup (a white poster board).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
I have been reading up on your hardware sabers Tan Djarka and I'm In awe!! I have a few hardware builds that i just kinda gave up on because I couldn't find parts that work. Now I am inspired to go finish where can you get those candle holders for the emitter?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back