Obi Wan ANH Unnamed Stunt?

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi All

I'm not up to speed completely but I have found my fair share on the stunt sabers tossed around the old trilogies. I understand there was a blackened stunt that Alec Guinness used, then Mark Hamil used, named the V2 (duh!)

There was also the shared stunt, with a flat emitter, that was used in ANH (photos of this are used in the debate over whether or not the early blades were square or triangular) without a nipple and it was then used for practice for ESB and the Death Star duel between luke and Vader. This is the one that was re-pained, and again, no nipple. (said to have been ground down?)

At the same time, Alec Guinness also used another stunt, with a nipple. A solid metal nipple. Has anyone IDed this?

I'm also curious as to why, I thought the early blades were wood that spun on a motor, so there was no need for a nipple to hold a metal rod like in later and current stunts?

Anyways, here is the pic, credit to whoever found them and posted them in the ANH obi which sabers when thread and the thread debating the shape of the spinning blades!
nipple:

no nipple:

EDIT: Photos corrupted. Photos removed. - RPF Staff

Attachments

• 6155674951_ece415149f.jpg
    6155674951_ece415149f.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Thanks for the attitude Brundelbump, a little unnecessary. Boy it really is a sin not to know everything in this community, speaks volumes.

Thanks for the attitude Brundelbump, a little unnecessary. Boy it really is a sin not to know everything in this community, speaks volumes.

I cant control how people read my text.
If you took it that it had attitude, well. Thats the world you have chosen to live in.

Not the one I put you in.

childish to mutilate my screen name too. I mean, really?

I was Just making a comment. I meant no ill will or malice towards anyone. Just trying to shed light on what I thought was common knowledge, and my sarcasm did not come across as I had intended.

So kiss my grits.

apology accepted? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to say - if it was a miscommunication, again that was a little unnecessary, but thanks for clearing things up. my apologies as well

No worries..man its all in fun.

The Luke Saber as its sits, for those that dont know, if one looks at the HIGH RES images of it, you can see that the emitter end kissed the business end of a grinder of some sort.

As most of the emitter is THERE, something had to been ground off, like a nipple?

Man I never knew, that brings up more questions :D

what kind of stunt blade did they have in when the nipple was there - it's round. I figured rods didn't come in until ESB

Why they did it (we may never know)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back