Obi Cut-away completed.

Howard

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all.

Just a few finishing touches such as polishing, then she's completed.

A plumbing nightmare.

saberA1.jpg

saber1_1.jpg

The small round hole near the bottom of the main tube holds the switch which
turns on the blue led.
A cocktail stick is just the right size to fit this hole, which is hidden behind a tube.
The batteries are easily replaced for both leds.

saber2.jpg

The primary crystal illuminated. The PCB with the wires running from it
is from an Exactra 20 ;)

saber3.jpg

saber6.jpg

The emitter crystal - a lab grown diamond, 16mm diameter.

saber7.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look - and a thousand thanks to
Wackychimp for hosting the pictures. :)

EDIT:
A full shot.

saber9.jpg

A few for Jediscout.

sabera.jpg

saberb.jpg

saberc.jpg

Howard.

I have to say, there are alot of really amazing props shown here on the RPF and the talent here is absolutely staggering.
Even so, very few of them make me absolutely ACHE with admiration and jealousy at the same time. I mean...these cutaways and your Victorian blasters are so freakin cool...it actually HURTS me.
I would be so mind-blowingly proud if I had the ability to create that.
That is MONGO-cool. Beautiful.
I get a similar feeling when I see the other Howard's (Chewie15) sculptures.
What is it with you guys named Howard? They hand out gobs of amazing talent along with that name or what?
I'd love for you to showcase your other work again BTW...can never get enough of seeing those pics.

-Rabittooth

that is by far the coolest thing, not too mention most unique incarnation of the obi hilt, I've ever seen. That's just plain awesome Howard. It shows that no shortcut was taken and the attention to detail is paramount. Amazing eye you have there. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. :eek

That is just AMAZING..

That would be THE conversation piece of anyone's collection. Anyone who wouldn't gravitate to this
above anything else on a private tour, is being led around by a seeing eye dog . Then again, it would
even get the dog's attention .. :lol

Just AWESOME. Outstanding work.

FP

<div class='quotetop'>(SurferGeek @ May 21 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1248063[/snapback]</div>
Amazing work. Please... more/larger pictures please?
[/b]

Here's a few more.

a5.jpg

a1_1.jpg

a2.jpg

I like the blue lights inside the crystal housing in this one.
It's just light leakage through a few holes.

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Howard.

Howard I think you've just set the highest standard of all for the OWK prop. That is an absolutely amazing and incredibly beautiful piece of work.

Amazing. Wow. Cool.

Ok, now for the REAL stuff I want to know. . .

Do you sketch out your ideas before you start or do you just dive into a box of parts and start building? I want to know more about the process you go through to create such a stunning work.

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ May 21 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1248121[/snapback]</div>
Amazing. Wow. Cool.

Ok, now for the REAL stuff I want to know. . .

Do you sketch out your ideas before you start or do you just dive into a box of parts and start building? I want to know more about the process you go through to create such a stunning work.
[/b]

SCHWEEET.

I'd just like to echo everyone else's sentiments and say super piece of work, Howard.

Thanks for the excellent pictures.

Bruce

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back