Obi ANH Real Parts

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
My Obi nears completion...
I got my real handwheel today...

My saber's all real parts except the booster (gear) and there's a fine replica 'a comin'...
I've been waiting a long time for my chance to post these...so here they are...so far.

I was amazed to compare the handwheel to my other replicas...of the older versions the gav actually comes the closest as far as the cubes go. and I havent seen any yet that get the endcap right yet...

I bet Romans new ones are spot on though, I haven't seen one yet.

Anyway, here's the pics...

0000453rs9xu.jpg

0000455rs8xt.jpg

0000456rs1av.jpg

That's a nice one, congratulations.

Gav was really close except for the booster-side cube wall was so off it kind of ruined the rest. ;)

Not at all, IMO.

It is however confirmed that at times he preferred an empty hole instead of the cap. ;)

Originally posted by Primrodo@Jan 26 2006, 11:18 AM
Nice.

Is it confirmed though if Obi Was prefered Cold or Hot pommels?
[snapback]1168886[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Primrodo@Jan 26 2006, 07:18 PM
Nice.

Is it confirmed though if Obi Was prefered Cold or Hot pommels?
[snapback]1168886[/snapback]​

Um, hello...

Cold = Blue blade
Hot = Red blade

;)

Nice find.

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Jan 26 2006, 03:27 PM
not trying to be rude, but i think the booster's still exist or w/e, am i not right?

and whta did you use for the emitter?
[snapback]1169010[/snapback]​

you're correct, yet hard to obtain.. much like the rest of his parts.

is that emmiter a replica or just a real, but a variation? (not screen accurate)

no offense, as you are closer than i will ever be, but after all this... the emmiter is the most important part imho

the stepdown on the outside is wrong, and there is no tilt to the internal hole ring...

Originally posted by TK171+Jan 26 2006, 05:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK171 @ Jan 26 2006, 05:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Star Wars Man
@Jan 26 2006, 03:27 PM
not trying to be rude, but i think the booster's still exist or w/e, am i not right?

and whta did you use for the emitter?
[snapback]1169010[/snapback]​

you're correct, yet hard to obtain.. much like the rest of his parts.
[snapback]1169014[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks guys...

Yeah, the emitter is a real flow pipe but not THE flow pipe...but I don't care...

Look, I have 5 of these sabers total...each different. This one I'm striving to use all real parts. This one's my baby and it started with the grenade...

I hear that there's a wonderful replica being made at some point from a correct Derwent engine flowpipe...I'll use that one on my all replica, but correct replica, parts saber, currently in the works...

I'll never afford the 4000.00 real emitter...but A friend was nice enough to sell me this one...which in my opinion is just as good cause I can see the real weathering pattern...I can smell the burnt oil and the carbon...and it is a real flow pipe off a Derwent engine...

It satisfies me completely.

Now to find a booster... ;)

Oh, and in my world Old Ben prefered C ;) besides, Roman hit it on the head in my opinion ...C=Blue I like the round shape of the C as well...

To answer your question about attachment...
I'll attach it to the booster replica that's coming...I don't know exactly how it attaches yet...that's part of the excitement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall hearing somewhere that C is for COOKIE, but it's also for "congratulations" as in congrats on finding so many great parts.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back