Obi ANH.... again :-)

Spiker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My ANH OWK.
Hilt from Parks, real transistors and weathered by me :)
obi19xd.jpg

obi22kq.jpg

obi30bk.jpg

Philip

that's pretty nice. Two, I said 2, USKs in less than a week that look absolutely stellar. Three obi threads altogether. That's great. I'm really impressed by these in that they show a lot of hard work behind the scene. Nice job.

Originally posted by g-force@Jan 17 2006, 09:51 PM
Wow,

that's my favorite Obi weathering job yet. What's your secret?

-G
[snapback]1161441[/snapback]​

Thank you :)

I used some common but some uncommon technics also.

Common: Grenade has real rust. Sprayed it with water, then used a hairdryer and finally let it outside for a night.

Uncommon: Instead of blue or anything like it for blackening i used Games Workshop Acrylpaints for the blackening. First i did a grey layer and sanded it off then i draybrushed with black (over the grenade too). I don't know how but the acrylics don't come off the metal.
The clamp has been airbrushed with several colors.
Came out nicer then i thought :)

It’s great to finally be seeing dark obis which emulate the way the saber looked in the movie–it’s about time. :D

Thank you all :)

@Gabe: Yeah your right, i really should change some parts on the saber. Gear, more accurate pommel/handwheel, real clamp and a better emmitter (one without the incorrect step).
Will do betimes :)

Philip

Just cut that darn step off...

Looks really good :)

What kind of washer did you use?
I'd like to see what you did with the ring of holes...
Emitter shot.

Originally posted by Sporak@Jan 17 2006, 11:18 PM
What kind of washer did you use?
I'd like to see what you did with the ring of holes...
Emitter shot.
[snapback]1161527[/snapback]​

As you wish :)
img01191ti.jpg

For washing i used chaos black from GW. Just made it real thin and used it on the grenade.

Philip

That is one sharp looking saber. I too, am very glad to see a nice dark one. I don't get all of these really lite wind vanes, these days.

I've cut/sanded off that extra step on two of those parks emitters now, and it's really easy, and looks much better. I've also filled in the screw holes, and weathered over them.

I can certainly see what all the fuss is about, with people wanting to switch the parks emitter for a more accurate one. However, I just don't get it, with the other parts. I've stared, and stared at the parks gear, and the new ones, and all the parts that show on the finished saber look very, very similar to me. As for the hand well, they are made quite differently, but if you fill in the hole on the parks, and hide it with some chrome tape, or fake rust, it really doesn't look all that different.

A lost of people pick on the parks kits, but for the price they really can't be beet. I think, if there finished nicely they can look far better then the MR version.

Jason

It's not the saber itself people are slamming, it's Parks 'himself'.
Yes, the saber is a great starting place and with either replacing or fixing a few parts it's a wonderful piece.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back