Oasis Hunter's First Piece

Oasis

Started on my first piece of armor the other day This is still a WiP. I'm yet to add some more black below where it extrudes, and i still need to clear coat it.

Chestpiece_WiP.jpg

Chest_Piece_WiP_2.jpg

Chestpiece_WiP3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Started on my first piece of armor the other day This is still a WiP. I'm yet to add some more black below where it extrudes, and i still need to clear coat it.

Is that pepakura?

I wonder how well pepakura would work if used with thin foamie sheets, instead of paper . . . .

Is that pepakura?

I wonder how well pepakura would work if used with thin foamie sheets, instead of paper . . . .

Nope, i used cardboard. Basically following these guidelines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxWzjyLpao
I didn't follow it exactly, and i painted a lot differently then he did.

As for the pep, foamies could work i guess, as long as the foamies are thing enough to fit into your printer. It might actually be better, as it's more flexible.

Nope, i used cardboard. Basically following these guidelines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjxWzjyLpao
I didn't follow it exactly, and i painted a lot differently then he did.

It looks really good.

As for the pep, foamies could work i guess, as long as the foamies are thing enough to fit into your printer. It might actually be better, as it's more flexible.

Yep. But as you say, I think getting it into the printer would present a problem. Probably best to print it on paper, then rubber-cement it to the foamie to cut it out, or something.

I've never had the patience for pep anyway--attaching all those small pieces together drives me nuts.

It looks really good.

Yep. But as you say, I think getting it into the printer would present a problem. Probably best to print it on paper, then rubber-cement it to the foamie to cut it out, or something.

I've never had the patience for pep anyway--attaching all those small pieces together drives me nuts. :)

Thanks ;)
That would probably work, but then it would be stuck to the paper anyways.
Yea, pep is always frustrating. It takes way too long in my opinion. I'd rather just sculpt mold and cast.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back