nuBSG Deck Crew Helmet Pattern?

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by DBoz, May 17, 2012.

1. DBoz

DBoz Well-Known Member

Anybody have a pattern or the ability to make one for the cloth part of the nuBSG Deck Crew helmet? I've got all the parts to build this, except the cloth part, which was custom made. I've got an original flight crew helmet cloth part that I could provide if someone would be willing to tackle creating one. Here's a pic of the helmet:

[​IMG]

These are the parts I have. The brown cloth part is the original flight crew part. The screen used ones were grey with black trim.

[​IMG]

2. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

I too wouldn't mind that cloth portion.

3. apolifka

apolifka Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sorry to bump this old thread, but an idea for what may work. The Rebel legion has patterns for the underhelmet for Endor Commandos. That may work as a base to start from.

4. DBoz

DBoz Well-Known Member

Although I no longer have these helmet parts, I've gotten a few PMs recently asking about where I got some of the parts for this helmet, so I thought I'd post what little info I have here for others.

I got the rubber strips from a member on the Colonial Fleet Quorum. I'm not sure what exact type it was or where it came from originally, though. There is some info in this thread over there: Board Message Unfortunately, you have to be a member of the forum to view it and I don't know if there is any way to join the forum now as I don't frequent it anymore.

Anyway, the thread states that it is 1 inch rubber door trim from an auto parts store.

As for the decals, those also came from a run over at The Colonial Fleet Quorum. It was a long time ago, though and I don't remember who.

I know it's not much, but I thought I'd throw it out there for those interested.