Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Jacket is available!
4.JPG

6.JPG

1.JPG

Available here in my etsy store

Please not there are a few small details that will be in the purchased version that are still not quite right in these pics. The stitching pattern on the flap will match this:
cor2.jpg

The inside seams on the sleeves will be a double stitch, to match the outside. And there will be a line of stitching around the sleeves just above the cuffs. In addition, the sleeves themselves will be slightly less tapered, and more baggy. Not a lot, just a tiny bit.

Original Post Below

Shang-Chi wears a reversible bomber jacket, seen here:

a1.png

a2.jpeg

This is now available for pre-order on etsy: Fighting Hero Reversible Jacket PRE ORDER | Etsy

In a few weeks (it's nov. 29 as I write this) it will go up in price when I get the final pictures.

Last edited:
Possibly interested!

Would you happen to have any details about materials/fabric, etc?
It seems that the movie jacket was a slightly modified version of a real jacket that used to be available, which was all nylon, so that is probably the fabric of choice. But I'm not yet 100% sure they didn't just re-make the jacket entirely for the film in order to change the shine and drape of it.

I'm working on getting a sample made!

On a related note, I'm like 99% sure that, while there is an existing jacket they clearly modeled it after, they re-made the whole thing from scratch. The film jacket has different drape, shine, and opacity on the cloth.

I'm working on getting a sample made!

On a related note, I'm like 99% sure that, while there is an existing jacket they clearly modeled it after, they re-made the whole thing from scratch. The film jacket has different drape, shine, and opacity on the cloth.
Agreed, plus the original's orange is way brighter as is typical with Alpha Industries jackets. Also the back section matches the front vs on the original where it's black:

-the-Legend-of-the-Ten-Rings-Bomber-Jacket-247x296.png
MJL48502C1-821-F_1024x1024.jpg
MJL48502C1-821-B_1024x1024.jpg

The ribbing on the neck has one white stripe on the screen-used vs the A.I. one:

Chi-And-The-Legend-Of-The-Ten-Rings-Varsity-Jacket.jpg
MJL48502C1-821-R_1024x1024.jpg

Another shot of the fabric in good lighting:

-ten-rings-1629210293.jpg?crop=0.684xw:0.517xh;0,0.jpg

Zipper has smaller teeth and white backing:

Last edited:
I'm getting cloth custom colored to make up a mockup to see how it all looks together. Hopefully I'll have updates soon!

The gray one he has? That's just a hoodie he wears under it. Or do you just want a hood added because you like them?

Yeah I didn't think it was movie accurate, it's because I really like the look of the jacket but for practical reasons I find an incorporated hood (detachable or not) easier instead of always wearing a hoodie underneath.

Very interested in this, I’m super happy someone is making an accurate version of the jacket.

Even with a slight filter, looking at pictures of the Avenger’s campus actor wearing an Alpha Industries jacket and one of Simu Liu wearing what I assume is a film used jacket I think the gray fabric could be darker. All the colors for the reverse side look spot on though, especially the orange.

Attachments

• 36CFB1F4-75FE-4DB0-85F2-8B41FE02F620.png
    36CFB1F4-75FE-4DB0-85F2-8B41FE02F620.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 129
  • 2ED99CAD-68F6-47B0-A89B-8A30D7054F4C.png
    2ED99CAD-68F6-47B0-A89B-8A30D7054F4C.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 278
  • D4CD5534-C59A-4EFB-BF30-F8D609D8BDEA.png
    D4CD5534-C59A-4EFB-BF30-F8D609D8BDEA.png
    605.7 KB · Views: 128
I think the gray fabric could be darker.
It's possible. Getting a phone camera to take pictures of cloth laying flat with indoor lighting is never gonna be perfect. A prototype mockup is going to get made with the fabric seen above, and we'll see how it looks in jacket shape, rather than flat-on-a-desk shape.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back