Not studio scale - but looks like it, escape pod (tiny) build

dockbay94

Well, now that I have been officially temporary laid-off (OH JOY) I have a little time on my hands. I did this little escape pod kit from a game called legion? I believe. I thought it was pretty cool and detailed for such a small model - 5 inches long. I did it his in 2 days. fun little build. I added some of my own detail as you can see, don't know what you call them but I added those 4 triangular shaped cooling find with the holes between the engine bells and the wire/hoses from magnet wire then drilled holes in the bells to glue them in and bent the wire over the fins. primed , base coat, then final detailing. guess this is a little test (literally) before I tackle the big studio scale one! enjoy the pics. think I captured the look of the original pretty well for as small as this is. thanks again everyone for inspiring me to keep on modeling! stay safe.

Attachments

• content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg
    content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 242
  • content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg
    content%3A%2F%2Fcom.microsoft.office.outlook.fileprovider%2Foutlookfile%2Fdata%2Fdata%2Fcom.mi...jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
    1.6 MB · Views: 211
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
    1.3 MB · Views: 208
    1.4 MB · Views: 202
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
    1.5 MB · Views: 212
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
    1.7 MB · Views: 195
    1.6 MB · Views: 206
    1.7 MB · Views: 205
    1.6 MB · Views: 201
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
    1.8 MB · Views: 212
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
    1.5 MB · Views: 220
Excellent work!

I have a bunch of Star Wars Legion stuff, did not realize they did an escape pod. I will have to pick one up

The stuff tends to fall somewhere between 1/45 and 1/48

Excellent work!

I have a bunch of Star Wars Legion stuff, did not realize they did an escape pod. I will have to pick one up

The stuff tends to fall somewhere between 1/45 and 1/48

thanks! Yeah, I didn't either till my buddy who play the legion game (I don't) picked it up. in fact he want me to paint his now, MMMMM - NOT. I was amazed at the level of fine detail this kit has and had to get one. of course I did my own mods to it to get it up to snuff! but I think if you can do a somewhat decent paint job you can get some really good results. it's all a matter of perspective. a little scratch building can go a long way. the wire/rope things attached to the engine bells were the only thing I had to cut out as it was molded to the kit and looked awful. so I took my own route.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back