Not exactly a prop... or a costume! Captain America USO

dstreety

IMG_6874.JPGIMG_6875.JPGIMG_6878.JPGIMG_6880.JPGIMG_6881.JPGIMG_6882.JPGIMG_6883.JPG
So... this isn't exactly a prop or a costume but a way to display them (I don't think there's a thread for that??). Anyway, I'd always wanted a Captain America USO costume and I actually search the forum for one but never found one. So I finally ended up making my own but then I needed a way to display it. So I made this simple T form that would hold the shirt with a knob on top for the helmet or cowl. Then I made a separate T stand in the front for the shield. There's some nice details you can't see like stars on the base but what I like most about it is it feels time period right. Like it MIGHT be something Steve Rogers would have in the corner of his apartment from 1944.

I also made a wooden dummy head. Now this was inspired by the UK show Salvage Hunters (the UK version of American Pickers), where Drew Pichard finds old and interesting things at country castles, etc. And he found these wooden crash test dummy heads. Those inspired my creation which is made out of stacked, scrap fence slates that I had left over and I glued together. Then I carved them with my reciprocating saw (don't try that at home!). But I love the way it turned out. And again, it felt right for 1944.

So, I hope they inspire your own Cap-esque displays!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back