Question Not able to staying logged in? (find answers here)

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We are having issues with members being required to log in again even after using the "Remember Me" check box. The problem is the result of our installing a recommended security patch.

Take the following steps to solve the problem.

1) Delete the cookies in your browser

a) If you are using Firefox, make sure that you do not have the RPF open in any tabs when you delete the cookies

b) If you are using IE, close the browser and delete the cookies from the Internet Options icon in the Control Panel

2) Restart your system

3) Log into the RPF making sure that the "Remember Me" box is checked

You should now be able to stay logged in.

NOTE: Although the steps listed above should solve the problem, we still have members that are experiencing the problem even after clearing their cookies. You may have to repeat the process a few times or even restart your computer as well. If you are still having problems, please read this thread for more details.

Last edited:
Forced logouts now?

If I sit idle for a time, it appears I now have to re-login. "Remember my password" does not work any longer. Did you all break something?

Re: Forced logouts now?

I was going to post about this too. Glad it's not just me then. I'm sure it's just a glitch in the system or something.

Same here. I was reading a long thread and was about to reply and was told to login again. Seems everytime I leave the site and come back i'm being forced to login again. Royal pain.

It appears that one of the cookies has had it's expiration time length change to approximately 30 minutes. I will look into it. Sorry, I know it's a pain.

Firefox and login problems?

Has anyone else using Firefox had a problem with them having to login? Starting today I've had to login every time I go to the site. I checked and cookies are allowed for the site, so I don't know what's going on.

Re: Firefox and login problems?

Its not just ff I use IE same problem theres another thread already started on this

I wondered what was happening I thought it was just FireFox but it's the same on Chrome and IE.

Hi guys. We are looking into this. No settings have been changed but a security patch was applied. Checking to see what the story is and why we are getting kicked out.

Same here & my direct link through my "Favorite" asks me to log in manually every time now, last night it was fine

I just started to have the same problem, so +1... but as is said, 'Patience.'

I had the same problem,
deleted the cooky in firefox, logged back in, and haven't had the problem anymore.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back