Question Not able to open attachments

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Whenever someone sends me pics via PM as an attachment I get this: "Attachment 764174" (of course the number changes per pic)
So I click on it and I get this:"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Any suggestions?

Whenever someone sends me pics via PM as an attachment I get this: "Attachment 764174" (of course the number changes per pic)
So I click on it and I get this:"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Any suggestions?
It is a know ongoing issue. We are in the process of preparing to move to a new software platform because of number of such issues. You can try having them send another PM with the image (it does work sometimes).

It is a know ongoing issue. We are in the process of preparing to move to a new software platform because of number of such issues. You can try having them send another PM with the image (it does work sometimes).

Thank you sir for your prompt response. At least I know the issue isn't on my side.

Hello

My apologies for "gatecrashing" this thread but I suspect it is related (issue 1) and I am getting a bit frustrated (Issue 2)!

Issue 1:

When I got my "Welcome to the RPF" message it included several links including "Frequently Asked Questions" (the one before "FAQ").

When I clicked on this link a new web page appeared with a popup window that stated:

"Invalid FAQ item specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Issue 2:

I tried to send a message with this info to the "administrator" (as well as "admin") but they failed ("The following users were not found: ") - so what is the correct administrator user name?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

My apologies for "gatecrashing" this thread but I suspect it is related (issue 1) and I am getting a bit frustrated (Issue 2)!

Issue 1:

When I got my "Welcome to the RPF" message it included several links including "Frequently Asked Questions" (the one before "FAQ").

When I clicked on this link a new web page appeared with a popup window that stated:

"Invalid FAQ item specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Issue 2:

I tried to send a message with this info to the "administrator" (as well as "admin") but they failed ("The following users were not found: ") - so what is the correct administrator user name?

Issue 1: We will take a look at that and fix any links that are broken.

Issue 2: There is no user name "administrator" or "admin" so that is why you were unable to send a message. At the bottom of every page of the site is a "Contact Us" link that can be used. There is also a RPF Staff Members & Bios thread located in this sub-forum that contains the list of staff member.

EDIT: Also, the thread that you start in the Entertainment forum has been moved to the Prop forum.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283666

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back