Not a Pred, but still cool....

grendel64

Anybody who has seen Pan's Labyrinth should recognize this guy, the Pale Man. I picked this (slightly bigger than) 1:1 bust up from a sculptor called deitycreations on e-bay.
I originally saw this on the clubhouse modeling forum and knew I'd have to have one, and today it arrived. Can't wait to get some paint on it!
As a tip, FWIW, I picked up a chrome paper towel stand at our local Bargain Shop today to use as a stand. The bust is hollow cast and foam filled, so I was able to push the stand right into the foam and voila...instant display stand. That's what the last pic shows....
paleman3.jpg

paleman2.jpg

paleman1.jpg

paleman4.jpg

Mike

paleman3.jpg

paleman2.jpg

paleman1.jpg

paleman4.jpg

The Pale man is cruel... really scary. Even if you just see him for a few minutes in the movie. I would not want to chased by him if I was a little girl...
Great find, post some pics up with the finished result later.

Oaky so I started laying down the base washes...lots of spaghetti noodling in thin reds to give a mottled look....
palepaintup1.jpg

The after doing the same with some thinned blue and a wash of umber, I went back to a pale pinkish white to take everything back down.....
palepaintup2.jpg

More later, I need to let this dry up a bit...
Mike

palepaintup1.jpg

palepaintup2.jpg

back at it for a bit this morning. The photos always show up areas I'd like to work on more....but it's coming along....
pale5.jpg

pale5.jpg

OMG! That monster is PURE evil, I watched the movie and he is spine chilling when you see him sat at the table. Very cool indeed! Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see this when its complete.

Well I'm calling this done for now. I'd like to fix up the teeth a bit more but I'm pretty happy with the result so far.
Please excuse the poor lighting, best I could do indoors. Thanks for following along...
Mike
pale16.jpg

pale17.jpg

pale16.jpg

pale17.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back