Nostromo Tracking Device w 3D printed parts (WIP)

Those are gorgeous, almost a shame to remove them.
Personally, I'd not repair that small one, I think the damage / wear & tear is very "in universe" for the tracker.

Those are gorgeous, almost a shame to remove them.
Personally, I'd not repair that small one, I think the damage / wear & tear is very "in universe" for the tracker.
I agree, don't really want to cut them up so I may just use them for reference and make my own. The one in the photo only cost £18.00 plus postage,
not expensive just rare.

This is awesome. Just bought one of these TV's today inspired by this thread so would love to grab those 3d files when your ready to release them.

I just recently acquired this, so your thread has become a wonderful resource!

Attachments

• 20211223_131430.jpg
    20211223_131430.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
Thought you may be interested in seeing the tape recorder the rectangular grills were originally made for.

The first one I found only had the small grill, but it's in perfect condition. The one I got last week has both sizes but unfortunately the small one is damaged, but repairable.
Hi there, great research and build! What was the make/model of the cassette player?? Thanks!

PropsToHistory (this seems like a good thread to add these details too) - may I request a couple more of greebie dimensions, please?

• The height of the Anchor Nut Plates ( the plate width and the spacing between the two mount holes in the plate would be excellent, too!) AND the count of how many used, please
  • The height of the slider knobs
  • The height of the small white rectangles (does anyone know what these are called / where they are from???)
  • External dimensions and the window dimensions for that slopped square thingie on the left side of the top face (and close up pics would be greatly appreciated). I don't believe this has been identified yet, yeah?
Cheers very much in advance for your time!

P.s. am I right in thinking that the Stadium gully cover is [approx] 6.5 inches? Interestingly, I've found 6 & 7 inch versions, but nothing in between yet.

Last edited:
Hi there, great research and build! What was the make/model of the cassette player?? Thanks!
I don't know the exact models but they were made in England by a company called the Elizabethan (Tape Recorders) Ltd. Don't forget that there are two different sizes of grill used on the MT.

PropsToHistory (this seems like a good thread to add these details too) - may I request a couple more of greebie dimensions, please?

• The height of the Anchor Nut Plates ( the plate width and the spacing between the two mount holes in the plate would be excellent, too!) AND the count of how many used, please
  • The height of the slider knobs
  • The height of the small white rectangles (does anyone know what these are called / where they are from???)
  • External dimensions and the window dimensions for that slopped square thingie on the left side of the top face (and close up pics would be greatly appreciated). I don't believe this has been identified yet, yeah?
Cheers very much in advance for your time!

P.s. am I right in thinking that the Stadium gully cover is [approx] 6.5 inches? Interestingly, I've found 6 & 7 inch versions, but nothing in between yet.
I worked out there are 15off anchor nuts. I'm not sure anybody knows the original type so everyone's dimensions are subjective.
The sliders are around 10mm high.
I've not come across anyone who knows what the rectangles came from or what they were used for. I scaled the photographs and worked out they're 16.58mm long.
It's thought to be a viewfinder from a professional Concord Color Camera. Birdie over on Propsummit takes the credit for finding this.
The gulley cover is 7'' and is still available from Amazon here on the UK.

I don't know the exact models but they were made in England by a company called the Elizabethan (Tape Recorders) Ltd. Don't forget that there are two different sizes of grill used on the MT.
Hi, many thanks for that - i'll keep a look out. I've seen one, an Elizabethan model FT1 which looks a likely candidate. What was the other grill used from?

Hi, many thanks for that - i'll keep a look out. I've seen one, an Elizabethan model FT1 which looks a likely candidate. What was the other grill used from?
Some tape recorders have a small one on the side whilst others models have a small one underneath and a large one on the side. Some of the other models don't have any at all.
They're cheap to buy but I imagine they'd be expensive to ship depending where you are in the world.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back