Limited Run Nostromo Crew Jackets

Andy3E

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Everyone!

Ive made a few Nostromo Jackets over the last year, and with this year being the 40th anniversary of the release of Alien, I'm going to do a limited run if there is enough interest.
You can read a thread where i outline how I make them Here

I can do Dallas or Kane, (although with the Dallas Jackets you loose the pockets, so if you want for an everyday jacket, Id suggest Kane's

and here are a few photos
43687562222_e4fb95e372_k.jpg

43735535391_400c6b0fa8_k.jpg

i03a2577-jpg.jpg

po6a0268-jpg.jpg

At present I have a few MK3 Jackets ready to go in the following sizes

Size 3
2x Size 4
Size 5
Size 8

If your interested just reply below and send me a PM and let me know what size you are (just let me know chest)

Im asking £350/$450 for the 'Kane' version or £450/$575 for 'Dallas'
I'll ask for £100 deposit to confirm your Jacket, and the remainder upon completion
Shipping in the UK included, to the US ill get you a quote but the last one i sent was about $45 with UPS

any questions please feel free to ask either below or via PM

Thanks for looking!

Well that’s super embarrassing! Forgot to set notifications for this thread and forgot to check back in! Really sorry!

For "Nostromo" did you silkscreen that or paint it on using a stencil?

The Nostromo is painted by hand and. Ear as I can tell that’s what was done for the films

Are all of the jackets dyed or are there some originals?

These are all dyed, I have however seen a proper blue/grey in the flesh, so I try to match as close as possible (the variances with the green can make that interesting) although if you are able to source a blue/grey jacket more than happy to build one from that

So anyway still available, you can ignore the size chart tbh, I can pretty much get any size as needed

Thanks!

The Nostromo is painted by hand and. Ear as I can tell that’s what was done for the films

Ahh, you must have a stencil and do it with a brush.

I'm still researching how I want to try and put it on my jacket.
I've got a iron-on transfer that's about 10 years old.
Wonder if it goes bad?

Hi! Thanks for sharing your methods! I have two questions:

1– How long do you soak the green jacket in the RIT dye blend?

2– Did you get the Nostromo stencil on theRPF, make it yourself or go have it made at a print shop? (2a— If it was a print shop, where did you get the proper measurements?)

Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for sharing your methods! I have two questions:

1– How long do you soak the green jacket in the RIT dye blend?

2– Did you get the Nostromo stencil on theRPF, make it yourself or go have it made at a print shop? (2a— If it was a print shop, where did you get the proper measurements?)

Thanks!

1. It depends on the jacket, each is slightly different so needs to be done by eye, but generally at least 20 mins, stirring constantly

2. I got it cut at a Print shop, i found a illustrator file somewhere out on the net when i was doing research, its 13 inches across

1. It depends on the jacket, each is slightly different so needs to be done by eye, but generally at least 20 mins, stirring constantly

Ahh. Stirring constantly. Did you use a bucket? I bought a 5 gallon bucket at a Home Depot, but now I feel like that may be too small.

2. I got it cut at a Print shop, i found a illustrator file somewhere out on the net when i was doing research, its 13 inches across

So, you just opened the discovered illustrator file and made the size increase to 13” across? How did you know the font size and spacing were accurate? Consistent trial and error?

Ahh. Stirring constantly. Did you use a bucket? I bought a 5 gallon bucket at a Home Depot, but now I feel like that may be too small.

So, you just opened the discovered illustrator file and made the size increase to 13” across? How did you know the font size and spacing were accurate? Consistent trial and error?

I use the sink for mine, although I'm not sure how large it is, certainly big enough to fit 1 jacket in and to allow me to sir it anyway

Yup, pretty much,

If you have any other questions probably best to ask them over here: My Nostromo Crew Jackets (Pic Heavy) in the build thread :)

thanks

I highly recommend Andy3E - I have his jacket and it's incredible. I don't get to wear it much as I live in Florida but it makes me smile every day when I see it hanging in my closet!!

Hey are you still making the jackets would love a dallas jacket and it would work out really well since i kind of already look like dallas with the whole beard and semi long unkempt hair thing i have going right now

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back