NOSFERATU

BANE

well my friend oneye sent me this cool kit from monarch models, it is of the original screen vampie noferatu, played by max schrek, the predessessor to dracula, played by bela lugosiu vamp was also seen in the film salem's lot. well anyways here are the pix, forgive me if the pix suk, i dont have a digital camera yet, so bar with me. lol. thanx for veiwing.

493104-R1-23-26_024.jpg

493104-R1-23-26_024.jpg

i'll post the res tomorrow night.kinda sleepy. later oh yeah these are in mixed up out of sync order, painted to un painted. thanx for vewing them so far. later BANE out.

I LOVE the coat color! Is that a custom mix? If not, who made it and what is it called? I can't wait to see it finished. It was just a small gift and am glad you liked it.

nah, no a custom color, i'll tell ya what the coat colors are , they are............main coat color is burgundy from folk art, .97 cents from wal-mart craft section, the number is 987 burgundy, it's an acrylic, just used alittle from the 2 oz bottle, the shaded areas of the coat, are same color, with pinch of flat black which i already had, and the cuffs, and color, as well the asscot are red apple. the number and name are 20784 red apple from apple barrel also an acrylic paint, both paints are made by plaid, i found the red apple in the wal-mart craft section also .97 cents 2 oz bottle, tho it doesnt look like it, the head and hans were painted a ghoulish looking green, a mixture of christmas tree green and white, and little grey, the camera just didnt do the head any favors when i snapped it. the other colors were also made by plaid , but had the grey, for another project, i used the burgubdy on the draula model to after i spraued it with plasticoat red, but those are another set of pics i hope to get posted before long. the black i used on nossy's pants, is the same black i added to the burgundy for the shadowed areas. and thanx again, i had a blast building both nosferatu and dracula. it felt like old times when i was building and painting them, i need to finish dracula's eyes, may run to the hobby town usa and get some gloss pink and white, and the midnite blue. if wandering the gloss pink is for the very thin outline of the eyes, the white is for the eyeball, and the midnite blue is for the eye color, and a drop of black will be the pupil.

on dracula's fleshed areas, i was surprised the craft paint actually worked and has darkened nicely after if has dried and cured some. it's flat and natural almost looks realistic in the skin tones, also used the a brown and chrome gold paint for the belt and sheath and the sword hand guard and hair, i was impressed with the hair too. i'll get those up as soon as i can. and i'll get the rest o nossy posted when i get a chance, been kind of busy late couple weeks, that's why i havent been posting the pix as i said i would, so sorry for the pic delays. just bear with me.,lol glad you liked the pant up oneye.

Bane,

Great job, did you use Acrylic paint?

I got a cheapo AVP statue thats all black plastic and was going to try my hand at painting......

---
Ei'luj

He did, acrylic, water based paint. Easy clean up, no smell.

Be careful, once you start, it's hard to stop. :D :rolleyes:

very true there
, make sure you prime the kit first, i use grey flat spray paint, $1.00 from wal-mart, that way the acrylic paint stays where you put itm instead of beading up on the raw plastic, good luck and cant wait to see how your paint up turns out.

sometimes i use the model car acrylic paints by pactra ,maybe another name now adays, but ask your local hobby shop if they carry the pctra paints, but if not the craft paints from wal-marts craft section work just as well if not better in some cases., same ease of use, and clean up , just more cooler colors, in more glossier forms,. you'll love it, almost an addiction. lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back