Nosferatu (1922)

Here is the scene with the letter. It looks thick, yet still quite flexible, sort of like cotton or linen based paper. I'm not really sure what parchment feels like, but it sounds like it would work well.
I just printed a copy on 110 lb card stock as a test, but when I did my usual aging method (in the oven at 400F for 15 min) and tried to fold it, it broke apart!

The parchment I've obtained is actually old anyway and is quite thick, but they sell parchment on fleabay that is fairly thick and ages well with the lemon juice and heat gun method.

I've just had a thought, you know the paper that comes on a roll for kids to draw on? very similar to lining paper for walls and inside drawers, that can be thick and rough, but surprisingly durable. Ive used it to print maps in the past. You can also brush it with lemon juice and leave it in strong light for a week or two so and it goes yellow and ages itsself!.

Last edited:
Here's my version of the letter. I printed it on a sort of canvas and think it was ok. Thanks again to whitehammer for the great work on the letter and conqueror worm for the instructions on how to fold it.

Last edited:
Nice work you two.

BTW if anyone was wondering, I recognize the title card font as Futura. Might be a nice thing to display with the letter.

Untitled.png

Uh oh, looks like I'm a little late. I hope you don't mind that I share my version, whitehammer.
Here is the Front and the Back of the letter.
Printed and weathered:
Nosferatu.jpg

(I printed it on a weird size of paper so the margins are a little off, 8.5"x11" should look better.)

To fold the letter-
With the front of the letter up, fold the top to the bottom and crease to find the middle, unfold.
Fold the top and bottom to the middle:
DSC02133.jpg

Fold the bottom to the top:
DSC02134.jpg

Fold one side to the other and crease to find the middle, unfold.
Fold the sides in so they overlap in the middle.
DSC02136.jpg

This was a really fun project to research and draw. Thanks for the posters, whitehammer!

Here's another poster that I've cleaned up and thought merited being added to this thread in case anyone wanted to add it to their collection of Nosferatu ephemera. ~Be warned though, It's huge!!

Here's another poster that I've cleaned up and thought merited being added to this thread in case anyone wanted to add it to their collection of Nosferatu ephemera. ~Be warned though, It's huge!!

It really is huge but a great one. Thanks for all your contribution to this thread, whitehammer (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Remmembered to display the letter with this small bust (please excuse some lack of likeness as this was one of my early clay bust attempts...)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back