Nosferatu (1922)

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Conqueror_Worm, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Conqueror_Worm

Conqueror_Worm Well-Known Member

2. Aku

Aku New Member

Thank you to all for the various files.

I used a similar layout to XMR1's on page 2 for my daughters secret Santa. The limit is supposed to be £20 but I think I went a little over, but not by much. The poster was ordered from overseas and the frame was a cheap one from HMV.

A more professional frame would have been better as the cheap frame would not take thick frame card stock. I had to use thin card. Also, I could not find any of suitable size so ended up joining together two smaller sheets. Hence the need to move the movie poster to the left hand side as I stuffed up the join and had to cover it up.

I would have preferred using thicker card stock for the movie stills, but in order to keep costs down I used what I had handy. I also miss judged the allowance for the frame so they are not perfectly central.

The letter was printed on parchment like paper then aged using tea bags. I damped down the edges then lightly tore to make it look more worn

I'm not 100% happy with it, but then I can see all the mistakes. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

IMG_2017.JPG

Conqueror_Worm and breen2057 like this.
  3. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

nice job on framing the props. looks great.

4. funboy1013xx

funboy1013xx Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm not 100% happy with it, but then I can see all the mistakes. I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

View attachment 851076 [/QUOTE]
    I've been there a lot bud, I see every imperfection like you, and I cringe sometimes at showing my work. but THAT is the artist in us all. :cheers

5. Scottred2

Scottred2 New Member

I noticed that a lot of the symbols were runic in origin, the film is German and (1922) and given the political situation in Germany at the time