Nophysicalform's Iron Man Mark VI Pepakura Build

Nophysicalform

Hey everyone. I've been a member for a while, but never really posted anything. I've just been browsing and getting inspired by all you talented, creative people. About two weeks ago I started to create the Iron Man Mark VI costume from Iron Man 2. Using the Pepakura files mostly from Robo3687, Sharkman and Dubean33, I began patiently printing, cutting, scoring, folding and gluing the paper parts together. The results are more then I could have asked for and it's coming along pretty smooth. I didn't even have to adjust the scale at all which I have heard nightmare stories about so I am very, very grateful about that. I hope to have to done by Halloween so I have been working on it 8 days a week. Before work, after work....my back hurts, haha. Anyway...I want to post some pics, but I do have alot so i think it's better to just post a link to my album then to put them all up here. Hopefully I'm going about this the right way, and if not, lemme know. Thanks. And here's the link to some pics. Lemme know what you guys think!

Iron Man Mark VI Build | Facebook

Oh, Thanks for pointing that out jOwE. I didn't know there was a newer version. I got all my files from one link that said "In here you will find all the pieces needed to make your own Mark 4 or Mark 6 Iron Man Suit." Do you know where i can find the updated HD version? Also, im using all the files from this link -

http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/

Do you know if there are other pieces that have been updated as well?

Thanks

Yeah I guess i should'nt have given everyone access to my facebook on my first post, but, I don't really care. Its easier then posting photos on this site, and probably quicker to view them too. I know my internet is **** but ....come on. Anyway, Creep away Stealth. I love your tutorial videos. They were very amusing and very helpful. Im going to buy a Respirator....sooooooon. And thanks for the links jOwE.

OK, so i posted a few more pics on my facebook photo album. Sorry im not posting them on here....it just takes a lot longer. My internet is ****. but the link to my facebook photo album is in the first post. I've got the chest, back, and right arm from the shoulder to the hand all done. The pics you see with a helmet is only the size tester helmet, not the real deal....that will be tomorrow's project. i'm also inviting some friends over tomorrow to help with the cutting stage. I want this done for halloween so i need a little boost in the cutting area. Hopefully within the next few days everything will be cut and glued and then i can start the resine and bondo/apoxie sculpt stages. Only a couple weeks left!!! Im scared to hell of not finishing it, ...my excitement outweighs my fear. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone can view my album on facebook. If you can't let me know and ill post em up to a flickr account or something. I would love to post them on here but it takes like, a day, to upload on here. Sorry.

Hey Everyone, I'm doing a little research ahead of time for when im done with all the pepping and resining and bondo steps. Im trying to figure out how to go about lighting the eyes and chest, and if i have time before halloween, the palms as well. I have seen many different methods, but no step by step instructions. People leave out what might be small details to them, but to me, knowing nothing about electronics, they are big steps. For instance, adding a switch to the battery pack to be able to turn the eyes on or off. What I think i know is to use El Sheets that you can cut to shape, attach them to a battery pack. I think i need an inverter, or converter? Not Sure, also not sure on how to attach any of this. And the big question, how to see out of the helmet while the eyes are lit? I heard people leave a little slit under the El Sheet to see out of and that was enough. I guess you put something behind the El Sheets to not get blinded as well. I feel like i have bits and pieces of the information needed to light the eyes. If anyone has a method they could share, or if there is a thread explaining it all, please share the link. I can't seem to find one that explains all the details. Thanks guys, as always your help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Everyone, I'm doing a little research ahead of time for when im done with all the pepping and resining and bondo steps. Im trying to figure out how to go about lighting the eyes and chest, and if i have time before halloween, the palms as well. I have seen many different methods, but no step by step instructions. People leave out what might be small details to them, but to me, knowing nothing about electronics, they are big steps. For instance, adding a switch to the battery pack to be able to turn the eyes on or off. What I think i know is to use El Sheets that you can cut to shape, attach them to a battery pack. I think i need an inverter, or converter? Not Sure, also not sure on how to attach any of this. And the big question, how to see out of the helmet while the eyes are lit? I heard people leave a little slit under the El Sheet to see out of and that was enough. I guess you put something behind the El Sheets to not get blinded as well. I feel like i have bits and pieces of the information needed to light the eyes. If anyone has a method they could share, or if there is a thread explaining it all, please share the link. I can't seem to find one that explains all the details. Thanks guys, as always your help is greatly appreciated.

For the circuitry, those kind of details would probably be better suited to ask an electrician or electrical engineer. I've seen a bunch of different methods as well, and I haven't had the time to sit down and design my circuit layout yet (was an EE in college), but you can probably get some help from whoever you purchase the lights from (you don't want to fry your circuit with a random setup).

As far as creating the setup, check out indiefilmgeek, blackdynamo1, and TMP threads. I'm pretty sure they have the information on there on how they set up the lights.

Also from reading other people's threads, LEDs seem to be preferred over EL sheets.

I got the Abs and Diaper - uh, i mean, Cod Piece done yesterday. I'll post pics of them later today after i finish the thigh and hopefully shin. I don't know how long this process usually takes people, but man do i wish i had bought that CraftRobo printer thing to cut out the pieces for me. It's taking forever. I just wanna get to the resining and bondo stages so i can hopefully finish this by halloween. I also have absolutely no idea how long those stages take. I've been working about 13 hours a day on my days off. And on days that i actually have to work at my job, im still working about 5 hours. How much time do you guys put in when doing this stuff? Just curious as to others workloads. .......My backup costume is a sheet with two holes in it. "We're GGHHOOOOSSSSTTTTTSSSS!!!!"

If you want to finish before Halloween, I suggest the foam route. Check out how fast Stealth has been making his pieces. Fiberglassing/body filler/sanding can take quite a bit of time.

If you want to finish before Halloween, I suggest the foam route. Check out how fast Stealth has been making his pieces. Fiberglassing/body filler/sanding can take quite a bit of time.

I considered the foam route. I guess even the really well done ones still look like foam to me. I want this to have a more solid look and feel to it, something i might be able to mold and cast eventually. But thanks for the suggestion. If the resining and bondo stages don't take FOREVER, theres a 1% chance I'll be done in time for halloween. Getting lost in these forums isn't helping. :confused

If you want to finish in 2 weeks i suggest you overlook the details. You will not be able to get this resined and smoothed to a movie quality finish before this halloween.

Slap on your fiberglass, slather some bondo on, power sand to flatten it out, skip the detail lines and grooves, and spray paint. For electronics id recommend a tap light for the chest and mini tap lights for the palms. For the eyes solder a quick led circuit or mod some led flash light heads.

If you want better quality then that plan for next halloween, IMO

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back