Noob with questions.

zombot

Hello all, I stumbled across this site when I was researching various resins.I have used Vagabond 36xxx, Smooth-on, Aero marine casting resin ( this one has a tendency to weep) Eager Polymer's EP8830. I try to roto cast as much as possible, though I do pressure cast smaller parts. Hear are my questions: At what pressure do you get the best results when pressure casting, ( have been casting at 35 psi) additionally 70 cps seams to be the thinest resin I have found, vagabond, dose anyone here have any suggestions?

Also if there is a thread that that addresses this topic, I would appreciate the help.

Hi Zombot,
welcome to the forum, I haven't used it for rotocasting but the resin I am using is 3 minute 55cps resin. Although, this is through a local German store an equivilant should be availible in your area.

Just a tip, you might get more/better replies if your thread title better reflects your topic, something like "Ideal pressure/resin by casting?"

Hope that helps,
Opal

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back