nOOb alert! Come on in!

CJS

My name is Chris, I live in Toronto. Love the site and have a huge passion for this, like many of you. Some of your guys work is absolutely amazing. I have worked in the film industry ( IATSE Set Dec and Props, independent Art Director) here before, but right now running my own business in automotive and I'm now trying to get back into the industry, just a history not soliciting a job lol......unless....:love. Here's some pics of old and new stuff. I have never worked professionally building them. Everything is made from scratch and stuff lying around. I also have a 600 piece transformers collection (including the new Camaro real driving car!) lol. Anyways here's a few things I have built. I also painted a bar here in Toronto called Savage Garden, I believe they're closed but I included a pic of a bit of it just because the Giger/industrial look kinda works here. I'm very serious in what I do and I can come off a bit weird at times because of PPD. But Im harmless. Once again you guys are amazing artisans. Some of the stuff I see on here is truly mindblowing.

Boba Fett Costume 1998ish
bobau.jpg

ZF1 build from 1999, I got the basic dimensions from a trace I did from a TV screen lol. Not as amazing as some I've seen on here but it was my 2nd gun build
zf1.jpg

My first gun build ever 1996ish
fettgun.jpg

A sample of the Savage Garden work 1997ish
savage2n.jpg

Recent work, Smokescreen Transformer costume build. Doing the Subaru rally car but not the 4dr I'm doing the 22B late 90's 2dr. Like 90% done, adding the lil details and making it look beat up.
lightgun.jpg

Started as a mass of old super soakers and nerf gun parts
photo0016yv.jpg

A freestyle build. Kinda Sky Captain / Aircraft ? steampunk thing lol. adding glowing cathode tubes and some lil details, 90% done. Started like as a dustbuster, broom handle and 3 D cell battery holders from an 80's ghetto blaster lol.
photo0070bp.jpg

Another recent job I'm doing for showing at TFCON 2012 here. 4 foot long Optimus prime rifle, Shape from the cartoon, adding some details from the G1 toy and then gonna load it up with tons of detail and lights and other fun things. Just started it last week. As soon as I get a few more shots of progress I'll make a thread or something for it.
photo0068d.jpg

I also build model tall ships, working on the USS Constitution 38 incher. I also build custom auto parts and fiberglass master! Thermalforming etc. Anyways thanks for looking if you did and I'm sure I'll learn a ton here. :thumbsup

Love the ZF1, very cool. :thumbsup
Thanx a bunch, I sold it like 10 years ago to a guy in BC. maybe hes on here lol. Going to do a revisit of it soon because I have more experience. Thanx for the comment.:thumbsup

Just noticed there was a noob introduction thread. My bad, was too excited when I registered and missed it. Was a late night too LOL.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back