Non-canon Firefly / Serenity Props

Alrighty, here's my version of Mal's train ticket from "The Train Job":

Ticket-1.jpg

Ooo, isn't it pretty? :p

You can download a 600 dpi TIFF here: http://rapidshare.de/files/23066020/Ticket_1.tif.html

:D

-Mike

bluesunsake.jpg

Dr_Slurpee was nice enough to share some artwork for the bottles. I happend to have this one I had emptied a while back of some good wine and though I would recycle it. Have a beer bottle coming soon too.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 14 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1261665[/snapback]</div>
Alrighty, here's my version of Mal's train ticket from "The Train Job":

Ticket-1.jpg

Ooo, isn't it pretty? :p

You can download a 600 dpi TIFF here: http://rapidshare.de/files/23066020/Ticket_1.tif.html

:D

-Mike
[/b]
Nice ticket thanks for sharing, what size you printing this as 4.25x11?

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 14 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1261665[/snapback]</div>

Pish...sooo inaccurate...the train clearly says Bukkake Express on the side. Just kidding of course. In the show was there any comment as to the name of the train? Also for the ticket you could possibly add the car name. They can be seen in the photos of that guys work, and if you know what car they would have been on then you could figure out the correct car name.

I like the ticket for sure. :)

The script just has the sheriff saying "Car 3, row 12" — I don't know what order the cars were in though, so I didn't put a name.

-Mike

That's good enough for me. Again, nice job.

Everyone has posted some really cool stuff. This is quite the thread. :)

I just noticed that I have one of those blue bottles in my kitchen than my Mom had given me.

Label on it says:
Leonard Kreusch

Rheinhussen
Auslese

Says White Wine at the bottom.

I don't drink the stuff, just thought it was a cool bottle.
Also have a really tall one in the same color.

D6

Here are some non-canon bills I have been working on. They are meant to be older versions of the movie bills...you know how every few years or so bills are changed. I figured it had been 6 years since unification (or something like that) so perhaps the bills had changed since their first issue.

I based them off this Bhutan bill, like the originals, and made modifications to it the same as the originals.
original_small.jpg

I have my 100 and 500 done, I'll do the other 6 denominations of mine too. :)

100_small.jpg

500_small.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 4 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1255970[/snapback]</div>
RedTwoX, did you consider making it an animated GIF? With the regular screen being the base, and the 'Unable to Connect' screen being the mouse-over or clicked one?

And I do like the movie & TV background ships. Especially the container ship from the opening of the movie. That's a nice design, deserved more screen-time. Only thing I've been able to find online is one guy's website; he did the train from Train Job. Some nice pics: http://www.leestringer.com/press.html and http://www.leestringer.com/gallery.html

Kaylee, nice job on the belt buckle and coin bag. I must have missed that the first time around. We all need piles of coins and cash and wallets and guns and and :lol

Here's a poster in Mal's cabin (movie):

g1_1.jpg

My bill preview:

bill.jpg

-Mike
[/b]

I know Whitefall over at Propcircle has made a Serenity version of the star-map, which looks a little similar, but has anyone made progress on that actual poster of Mal's?

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 13 2006, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1260635[/snapback]</div>
Here's a non-canon prop I made, a Blue Sun Cola bottle using the can labels that were on Propstore London as well as the bottle from the movie as reference. I had to re-draw the blue sun logo cause I only had the series version. :p All the chinese I just used babelfish to translate...close enough for me. There wasn't a decent translation for "cola" so I used the translation for "coca-cola" instead.

cola-2.jpg

[/b]

Very interesting piece, tasty too. :lol

As for cola in Chinese, just use the latter two words for coca-cola, the first two words are "coca". Thought it might help. :unsure

Hi folks -

I just joined the board. Howdy. I'd like to be able to post some pics in response to threads, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. Any suggestions?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back