Non-canon Firefly / Serenity Props

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 5 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1256943[/snapback]</div>
Well, it's do that, or argue about the spelling of 'bukake'. :lol

-Mike
[/b]

I had to go look it up and thought others might need the correct spelling to do so. I thought they misspelled BullCACA. Sorry I did after reading the definition :lol

Has anyone done Books ID card from when he got shot?

That bill I posted is mostly a scan from a Chinese banknote I own. Actually a souveneir from my grandfather's days in China with the former Flying Tigers during WWII.

http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/banknotes/china/chi153_f.jpg

One Yuan, 1935, Bank of Communications.

As for Book's ID card, we don't really have a good shot of it. See the thread here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=111049

I thought it might be a Chinese banknote, but I haven't found a match. Until be get a better pic or find the origin, it's going to be a lot of work...

-Mike

Cool.
I like that Chinese note -- it really looks the part.

For what it's worth, the 5 ngultrum partner to the 1ngultrum used for the movie note is also a cool starting place.. I just never did anything with it -

5ngul.gif

<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 7 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1257914[/snapback]</div>
Mudder Money

Here is my contribution to the monitary script. :confused
[/b]

:lol BWHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa :lol

Who are you kiddin'. Everyone knows Mudders are broke :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 7 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1257914[/snapback]</div>
Mudder Money

CANTON10DLScopy1.jpg

Here is my contribution to the monitary script. :confused
[/b]

That is hilarious...and I mean that in a good way. :)

Here's a non-canon prop I made, a Blue Sun Cola bottle using the can labels that were on Propstore London as well as the bottle from the movie as reference. I had to re-draw the blue sun logo cause I only had the series version. :p All the chinese I just used babelfish to translate...close enough for me. There wasn't a decent translation for "cola" so I used the translation for "coca-cola" instead.
cola-1.jpg

cola-2.jpg

cola-3.jpg

I also did a beer version. I thought it might fit in better with the large bottle but since I don't drink, the cola was my first choice. ;) I used the same "bar" code cause I was too lazy to make a new one.
beer-1.jpg

beer-2.jpg

beer-3.jpg

I can share the graphics so you guys can make your own bottles if someone can host the files for me.

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 12 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]1260635[/snapback]</div>
Here's a non-canon prop I made, a Blue Sun Cola bottle using the can labels that were on Propstore London as well as the bottle from the movie as reference. I had to re-draw the blue sun logo cause I only had the series version. :p All the chinese I just used babelfish to translate...close enough for me. There wasn't a decent translation for "cola" so I used the translation for "coca-cola" instead.
cola-1.jpg

cola-2.jpg

cola-3.jpg

I also did a beer version. I thought it might fit in better with the large bottle but since I don't drink, the cola was my first choice. ;) I used the same "bar" code cause I was too lazy to make a new one.
beer-1.jpg

beer-2.jpg

beer-3.jpg

I can share the graphics so you guys can make your own bottles if someone can host the files for me.
[/b]

Sweet work, Doc. Hopefully, someone hosts it 'cuz I'd sure like the file.

What are the blue bottles from? I brew beer the beer and a bunch of blue bottles would be great.
I'll take a case and pay ya in Canton $10.00 bills :D

Alas I only have the one blue bottle...it was one my parents had laying around in their basement for probably a decade now...I imagine they kept it cause it is such a nice blue bottle.

That's really cool. What kind of paper did you print it on, & what kind of adhesive was used to stick it to the bottle? Or was it printed on some kind of sticker stock?

:thumbsup :thumbsup

The ones in the photos were just printed on paper, I wanted to make sure they were the right size and everything. I put them on with double sided tape to make them easy to remove (destroys the label in the process though, lol). Some kind of adhesive paper is probably what I will use in the end though...or just spray adhesive.

Glad you guys like them. :)

Nice job :D I'd hate to have to redraw that Blue Sun logo.

For those of you looking for blue bottles, check your local liquor stores for microbrews & specialty beers — I have a blue bottle from Apollo Lager; very minimalist. http://www.stefaniemarlis.com/appollo_beer_label.html

Course, I imagine paint thinner or mineral spirits would take off just about any labels or printing...

-Mike

You need to change the contents of the cola to include the drug the Alliance was feeding people that caused the reavers.

Sith, I gotta try one of those beers they are made by Big Bang Brewery, California, USA , Planet Earth, The Milky Way;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 13 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1261091[/snapback]</div>
Course, I imagine paint thinner or mineral spirits would take off just about any labels or printing...

-Mike
[/b]

Labels like this are usually applied using a water based adhesive, so simply soaking them in water will loosen the glue and eventually the label will slide off by itself.

<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 13 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1261122[/snapback]</div>
You need to change the contents of the cola to include the drug the Alliance was feeding people that caused the reavers.[/b]
"G-23 Paxilon Hydroclorate".

That might be good for a joke, but since its use seems to have been covert (e.g., adding it to the air processors on Miranda), it wouldn't really be "realistic" to add it to an ingredient list. ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back