Non-canon Firefly / Serenity Props

Great_Bizarro

Sr Member
<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 5 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]1256943[/snapback]</div>
Well, it's do that, or argue about the spelling of 'bukake'. :lol

-Mike
[/b]

I had to go look it up and thought others might need the correct spelling to do so. I thought they misspelled BullCACA. Sorry I did after reading the definition :lol

Has anyone done Books ID card from when he got shot?

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That bill I posted is mostly a scan from a Chinese banknote I own. Actually a souveneir from my grandfather's days in China with the former Flying Tigers during WWII.

http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/banknotes/china/chi153_f.jpg

One Yuan, 1935, Bank of Communications.

As for Book's ID card, we don't really have a good shot of it. See the thread here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=111049

I thought it might be a Chinese banknote, but I haven't found a match. Until be get a better pic or find the origin, it's going to be a lot of work...

-Mike

Kaylee

Cool.
I like that Chinese note -- it really looks the part.

For what it's worth, the 5 ngultrum partner to the 1ngultrum used for the movie note is also a cool starting place.. I just never did anything with it -

RedTwoX

Sr Member
<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 7 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1257914[/snapback]</div>
Mudder Money

Here is my contribution to the monitary script. :confused
[/b]
:lol BWHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa :lol

Who are you kiddin'. Everyone knows Mudders are broke :lol

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 7 2006, 02:58 PM) [snapback]1257914[/snapback]</div>
Mudder Money

Here is my contribution to the monitary script. :confused
[/b]
That is hilarious...and I mean that in a good way. :)

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's a non-canon prop I made, a Blue Sun Cola bottle using the can labels that were on Propstore London as well as the bottle from the movie as reference. I had to re-draw the blue sun logo cause I only had the series version. :p All the chinese I just used babelfish to translate...close enough for me. There wasn't a decent translation for "cola" so I used the translation for "coca-cola" instead.

I also did a beer version. I thought it might fit in better with the large bottle but since I don't drink, the cola was my first choice. ;) I used the same "bar" code cause I was too lazy to make a new one.

I can share the graphics so you guys can make your own bottles if someone can host the files for me.

blubeetle3

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Jun 12 2006, 01:15 PM) [snapback]1260635[/snapback]</div>
Here's a non-canon prop I made, a Blue Sun Cola bottle using the can labels that were on Propstore London as well as the bottle from the movie as reference. I had to re-draw the blue sun logo cause I only had the series version. :p All the chinese I just used babelfish to translate...close enough for me. There wasn't a decent translation for "cola" so I used the translation for "coca-cola" instead.

I also did a beer version. I thought it might fit in better with the large bottle but since I don't drink, the cola was my first choice. ;) I used the same "bar" code cause I was too lazy to make a new one.

I can share the graphics so you guys can make your own bottles if someone can host the files for me.
[/b]
Sweet work, Doc. Hopefully, someone hosts it 'cuz I'd sure like the file.

Great_Bizarro

Sr Member
What are the blue bottles from? I brew beer the beer and a bunch of blue bottles would be great.
I'll take a case and pay ya in Canton $10.00 bills :D

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alas I only have the one blue bottle...it was one my parents had laying around in their basement for probably a decade now...I imagine they kept it cause it is such a nice blue bottle.

Nexus6

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's really cool. What kind of paper did you print it on, & what kind of adhesive was used to stick it to the bottle? Or was it printed on some kind of sticker stock?

:thumbsup :thumbsup

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The ones in the photos were just printed on paper, I wanted to make sure they were the right size and everything. I put them on with double sided tape to make them easy to remove (destroys the label in the process though, lol). Some kind of adhesive paper is probably what I will use in the end though...or just spray adhesive.

Glad you guys like them. :)

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nice job :D I'd hate to have to redraw that Blue Sun logo.

For those of you looking for blue bottles, check your local liquor stores for microbrews & specialty beers — I have a blue bottle from Apollo Lager; very minimalist. http://www.stefaniemarlis.com/appollo_beer_label.html

Course, I imagine paint thinner or mineral spirits would take off just about any labels or printing...

-Mike

Great_Bizarro

Sr Member
You need to change the contents of the cola to include the drug the Alliance was feeding people that caused the reavers.

Sith, I gotta try one of those beers they are made by Big Bang Brewery, California, USA , Planet Earth, The Milky Way;)

Darkknight0667

Sr Member
<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jun 13 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1261091[/snapback]</div>
Course, I imagine paint thinner or mineral spirits would take off just about any labels or printing...

-Mike
[/b]

Labels like this are usually applied using a water based adhesive, so simply soaking them in water will loosen the glue and eventually the label will slide off by itself.

Nexus6

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 13 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1261122[/snapback]</div>
You need to change the contents of the cola to include the drug the Alliance was feeding people that caused the reavers.[/b]
"G-23 Paxilon Hydroclorate".

That might be good for a joke, but since its use seems to have been covert (e.g., adding it to the air processors on Miranda), it wouldn't really be "realistic" to add it to an ingredient list. ;)