Noland's Helmet

xdmray

so i am going to refashion this P1 i have, and sculpt the other part of the helmet. probably fix a few things with the P1 base as well.

0419001632.jpg

new pics!!!

3535964pred137c61b0c369.jpg

Picture4-1-1.png

i cant remember. i think i i got it from either ruffkin or inkmonster, it was thin and cracked in half and had other cracks as well.

ps can i heat bondo to bend it?

so here's a little progress, spent some time inbetween casting a mask to sculpt a little.

it's just roughed out now. gonna get it as round as possible before i tackle the details.

DSCN6736.jpg

DSCN6735.jpg

DSCN6737.jpg

well i was going to update the sculpt but after seeing the Nolan preview it has come to my attention that the helmet is a samurai base. i will need to tweak it and resculpt.

damn this means i need to make some neck guards.

EDIT
so it is a Kabuto and the plated neck guards are shikoro. now that i have my terminology down should be able to get better images.

Hey Scott, didn't know people were waiting in anticipation.

unfortunately i haven't done much. not a lot of time to work on it lately. did do a little. here's some pics to wet your whistle.

DSCN6767.jpg

DSCN6768.jpg

Just a li'l suggestion:

Why you don't cut this damaged stuff away?
Like this

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Scott. i think the top greeblie is a bit too big i need to tone it down a little.

Just a li'l suggestion:

Why you don't cut this damaged stuff away?
Like this

well because in the movie stills it appears that the damaged area is there. i purposely made the cut to match the trailers.

see like these.

Cap1.jpg

Picture2-1.png

Yeah I see what you mean. In the captures it is a lil bit of a lower profile and I think more round. In the pics I have found the tocaps are mostly round.

yeah most top caps i have seen have been round. but i have some bigger pics and it looks like nolan's has 6 sides.

so im thinking i will take off the bio and just sculpt a full on samurai helm that will be just the right size for the bio. the mold will be easier and i will feel better about not recasting. i cant remember who i got the bio from but i dont want to sell something that i just cut up and did half the work.

if you remember selling me the bio, speak up so i can give credit where credit is due.

yeah most top caps i have seen have been round. but i have some bigger pics and it looks like nolan's has 6 sides.

so im thinking i will take off the bio and just sculpt a full on samurai helm that will be just the right size for the bio. the mold will be easier and i will feel better about not recasting. i cant remember who i got the bio from but i dont want to sell something that i just cut up and did half the work.

if you remember selling me the bio, speak up so i can give credit where credit is due.
That is a Ruffkin helmet. Here is a reference picture.
PredBanner.jpg

sorry for the lack of updates i've been real busy lately, but i did manage to find some time to work on a template for the detail in the helm.

thanks to the new pic i had to start over.

3535964pred137c61b0c369.jpg

Photo6.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back