Noble Collection Potter Props

Muad'Dib MD2B

Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone here had purchased some of the items from Noble's Harry Potter collection, specifically:
-Hogwarts sculpt
-either chess set (Final Chess set or the different houses one)
-dragons sculpts (individuals or group sculpt)
-Triwizard cup

If you have gotten any of those, could you post pics? I'm dying to get a nice chess set, and I was wondering what those look like up close, and I'd really like to see the others up close to see if they're something I want to get. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

I bought one of the replica Isle of Lewis sets (the set used when they play in the dining hall). Some of the Noble stuff to me is a bit chintzy. I'm happy with the Time Turner, and I think the house set looks awesome, but the other stuff just looks a bit too . . . I don't know, I just think of a guy in college who had a bong shaped like a dragon...
tif

Originally posted by juno@Mar 9 2006, 10:54 PM
Some of the Noble stuff to me is a bit chintzy.  I'm happy with the Time Turner, and I think the house set looks awesome, but the other stuff just looks a bit too . . . I don't know, I just think of a guy in college who had a bong shaped like a dragon...
tif
[snapback]1202740[/snapback]​

I have to agree. While Noble does have a few very nice lookinhg pieces that I am interested in, it seems that for each nice piece there are two or three "gimicky" ones. The "levitating wand pen" is the perfect example. We've all seen these in Sharper Image and similar stores for years before Harry Potter. Then here comes Noble slapping some Hogwart's house crests on the base and calling it a Harry Potter item. Give me a break. Yes, I know... i know... "If you don't like it, don't buy it". Trust me, I won't ;) Everybody has a right to make a buck, and if that item makes them a buck... then good for them. I'm still entitled to my opinion that it's gimicky and rediculous.

A few of the wands looks really nice. I may pick a few of those. The time turner looks good. Malfoy's cane looks good as well. I can do with out the rest of it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back